Power supplies

What everyone has not mentioned, is that some newer appliances use lousy power conversion circuits to supply small chips for keyboards and timers. These chips are used as they and component displays are cheaper and more reliable over time, than their mechanical equivlent.

Some of these chips use the mains frequency or regulation . Others chips need relatively pure sine waves from the supply For various other things like zero volt switching..

If you have a generator, auto transformer or other solutions are much better.

Toshiba 1000 watt ups is a live one, in line mode it converts to battery and generates power, about a dollar a watt to purchase.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

EDIT: Darn... replied to another 5 year old thread!
I have a construction grade generator that works well for lights and the like in a power outage but does not have clean enough power to operate the furnace or the gas oven.

I want to run the generator through the power supply
AC output of generator into a power supply giving you a (12v) DC current
and then through an inverter
12v DC current into invertor giving you 110v AC current. (does the invertor produce a full sine wave output?)
I have to provide power for the sensitive items.
Full sine wave invertor AC 110v output(????) wired DIRECTLY to operate the controls on the gas furnace and gas oven?

The furnace and oven will have to be COMPLETELY isolated from the AC output from the generator.

It sounds like you will need a separate AC distribution panel isolated from the main AC panel fed by the invertor output and have the furnace and oven moved from the main panel where they are now to the invertor supplied panel. This should work. When the trailer is plugged into shore power the furnace will still go through the power supply then invertor.

Do I understand what you are purposing properly?

Back