POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

Ah yes, shoulder wasn't it. I reckon in many ways that's worse than back pain and it sounds like you've done a real number on yourself there. I think it's you who needs the sympathy more than me. ;)
Pretty much just dull pain from bruising now, but in a sling 24/7 until after PT is complete (which is 4 – 6 weeks after surgery which is mid-December). Wife is a champ in helping me, but doesn't want anything to do with the Shop, so I'm limited to taking some photos and butting my nose in where it's not wanted on the Forums. :)

View attachment 506578
Ah yeah, the 500mg (which I've found is the only dose worth having over Ibuprofen) isn't available over the counter here in the UK, only on prescription.

That said, if the pharmacist is a prescribing pharmacist, they can prescribe it on their own authority, without a GP's say so.

Personally, I've never had much luck with topical treatments. They're mostly over the counter and so generally are lower dose.

If the pain is above the threshold where it's distracting/unpleasant enough for me to need to take pain some form of medication then it'll be in one of two forms:

Distracting/irritating, in which case I prefer the convenience of a pill and so Ibuprofen it is.

Debilitating/nausea inducing, it'll be a higher dose I want and so it's oral treatment anyway.

Thankfully, so far, I can count the number of times I've needed the latter on one hand.

We moved a piece of exercise equipment for the daughter on Saturday . You talk about a sore back . All of us are still hurting . Had to drag this 100 foot across grass , up over two curbs and take it apart to get it thru her sliding door . :cussing: I also found out how big a blood blister you can get by dropping a 10 lb weight 2"s onto your index finger . 100s pair of gloves lying around but of course none were in use . I've moved lathes and mills , this was by far the hardest thing ever to get on the trailer .

Attachments

• 1729520634782.png
    1729520634782.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 7
As one thing goes out of the garage , another something moves in from the other basement . 2000 mint Honda XR 70 . Had the 80 also but traded it for a Cub Cadet 2072 . The kids outgrew these in a month and we switched over to the Honda 400 EX 4 wheelers . Everyone that visits wants to buy these but they aren't for sale . I'll add this . At one time my machines looked this good , until I moved them up to the garage . This is why I'm trying to get back down to the original shop . Climate control .

Attachments

• IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    707.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    932.4 KB · Views: 15
We moved a piece of exercise equipment for the daughter on Saturday . You talk about a sore back . All of us are still hurting . Had to drag this 100 foot across grass , up over two curbs and take it apart to get it thru her sliding door . :cussing: I also found out how big a blood blister you can get by dropping a 10 lb weight 2"s onto your index finger . 100s pair of gloves lying around but of course none were in use . I've moved lathes and mills , this was by far the hardest thing ever to get on the trailer .
That looks like it was especially designed to be a PITA to move. o_O

Had to take a 3 hr break . Had the fire pit at full throttle today . The Choice Wood is in the patio to light up the inside wood stove . The BP is ready to be yanked out this weekend . Denney better bring a BIG trailer as I plan on loading him up with extras . Have a large couch and a couple of chairs to move down to DC tomorrow . I'm having fun and making room on the patio . The microscopes mean nothing to me , and I' not hauling them . You"ll be notified . Pics or it didn't happen ? I have them .

Here's a similar less polished turd from the same company. Note the right-angle drive/clutch mechanism at the headstock. It uses the rubber faced disk on the headstock to power the longitudinal feed mechanism. The original headstock disk was damaged beyond repair, so I made a new one from aluminum stock. It can be interchanged for a similar disk for sanding.

I couldn't find any information on the drive/clutch mechanism. I believe it was an add on by the previous owner. I got the machine when a friend's father passed away and the family was cleaning out the garage. Apparently, he bought it new in 1936 or there abouts. No one in the family had any interest in it so rather than scrap it they offered it to me.

I spent a little time bringing it back to life thinking my nephews might enjoy it. Unfortunately, mom thought they were too young, so I gave it to another kid who thought he might be interested in learning the skill.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    641 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    576.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG