POTD- PROJECT OF THE DAY: What Did You Make In Your Shop Today?

I put my back out on Saturday morning... unloading the dishwasher for fekk's sake.:mad:
Back pain sucks! Years ago I could squat and dead lift 450+ lbs for full sets. One day I picked a 10 pound bag of garbage out of the can, and that threw my back out.

I found that a chiropractor helped. I still don't know why it helps, but it does.

Feel your pain (literally)
Thank you.

I still can't stand still in one place without notable discomfort so that rules out the workshop really. :(

However, I was able to dry all but my calves after this mornings shower without too much gritting of teeth, and I managed to put my trousers on, albeit more slowly than usual, with the normal technique. ;)

Weirdly, I've been able to wipe my ass all through this, thank God! :grin:

The square root of fekk all.

I put my back out on Saturday morning... unloading the dishwasher for fekk's sake.:mad:

Not as bad as the first time, 6 years ago (that was close to 'pass-out/throw-up' pain territory) but I couldn't support myself on my legs and had to hold myself up on the countertop with my arms, until I could let myself down slowly in to the floor.

Fortunately, two nights sleep and ibuprofen is now knocking back the discomfort and keeping moving is stopping me seizing up, but it's frustrating, verging on enraging, not being able to get in the workshop. :rolleyes::mad::(
try Alieve over Ibuprofen if you haven't previously. It does a better job for me. Feel better. Been there. BTW, the lidocaine patches are great too at controlling the pain. They take a big edge off. My wife recently picked up the lidocaine roll on for my shoulders and elbows. I need another rebuild.

try Alieve over Ibuprofen if you haven't previously. It does a better job for me. Feel better. Been there. BTW, the lidocaine patches are great too at controlling the pain. They take a big edge off. My wife recently picked up the lidocaine roll on for my shoulders and elbows. I need another rebuild.

Lidocaine........ Alieve..... just what are those when they are at home in the UK?

Lidocaine........ Alieve..... just what are those when they are at home in the UK?
well
So the lidocaine is now available in generic form, but originally it was Salonpas

Alieve I do in generic form https://www.amazon.com/Aleve-Relief-Naproxen-Sodium-Caplets/dp/B099XN1Y3B
It is Naproxen Sodium.. it is slightly different than Advil.

Thank you.

I still can't stand still in one place without notable discomfort so that rules out the workshop really. :(

However, I was able to dry all but my calves after this mornings shower without too much gritting of teeth, and I managed to put my trousers on, albeit more slowly than usual, with the normal technique. ;)

Weirdly, I've been able to wipe my ass all through this, thank God! :grin:
I have graduated to being able to shower myself (with the exception of feet and right arm) and with the exception of working shirts over my left arm/shoulder and socks can dress myself. Still sore, but thankful I'm right-handed. Only another 3 – 4 months!

And yes, after the initial pain subsided can do the job on my backside!

Toodle-pip,

Charlie

Back pain sucks! Years ago I could squat and dead lift 450+ lbs for full sets. One day I picked a 10 pound bag of garbage out of the can, and that threw my back out.

I found that a chiropractor helped. I still don't know why it helps, but it does.
The first time I put my back out it was putting on a sock! :rolleyes: :big grin:

The human back is proof, if proof were needed, that evolution is very much a "Eh, good enough" process :grin:

I never got to those weights, but when I was going to the gym regularly (about 5 years or so ago when I was working in an office, that was in a unit literally next door to a good gym), I did use to have 5 or 6 sets of 5 squats at 95 kg and the same kind of set pattern for deadlifts at 120 kg, as part of leg days.

I have graduated to being able to shower myself (with the exception of feet and right arm) and with the exception of working shirts over my left arm/shoulder and socks can dress myself. Still sore, but thankful I'm right-handed. Only another 3 – 4 months!

And yes, after the initial pain subsided can do the job on my backside!

Toodle-pip,

Charlie
Ah yes, shoulder wasn't it. I reckon in many ways that's worse than back pain and it sounds like you've done a real number on yourself there. I think it's you who needs the sympathy more than me. ;)

Back