Papa Murphy's Pizza For A Year, For A Little Work...

Nice! I'm a long-time fan of Papa Murphy's (especially the Cowboy), that's a good deal. That's probably more frequently than I'd want to eat pizza, but a great deal.

How'd you get started in this line of work?

GsT
I was trained as a diesel mechanic in the late 80’s. I worked for Gelco Truck Leasing and a forklift repair company ,worked as an ironworker until I was injured on the job, then worked at an equipment rental yard, for a few years before I was offered a position at a friend’s food equipment company as a mechanic. I excelled in many disciplines that the company was lacking-eventually I became partners in the business.

I worked at a Round Table after high school. I definately recognize that machine. :)

We prefer the big Murf, stuffed pizza.

Order with "sloppy sauce"

Ask for extra sauce, get enough to not see the dough.

Extra on top too.

Cook at 325, rotate every 10 minutes.

Done when it starts to brown.

We prefer not crispy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Nice job. Food service customer can be helpful addition to side hustles. Or main business. Only down side is when they are down, they want to be back up and running immediately. If you can be flexible enough to work them in quickly, you can do well. And they are used to paying high prices for everything already.

You just have to like working with non rusting materials, like Stainless Steel, aluminum, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job. Food service customer can be helpful addition to side hustles. Or main business. Only down side is when they are down, they want to be back up and running immediately. If you can be flexible enough to work them in quickly, you can do well. And they are used to paying high prices for everything already.

You just have to like working with non rusting materials, like Stainless Steel, aluminum, etc.

Many of the medium sized operations that have a Maintenance crew fix on the fly and do PM on the weekends then week-long shutdowns in the Summer and one at the end of the year for major tear downs - weekend and shutdown work along with projects in between can keep a small machine shop that can respond quickly busy.

Everyone in my business wants the equipment repaired yesterday, today is too late. I’m used to making miracles happen daily.
I heard a saying long ago that makes me laugh….

We have done so much, with so little, for so long that we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing !

Back