Now i can be like the cool kids on YouTube!

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
20240707_093423.jpg

20240707_093433.jpg

Okay....so they aren't the old solid brass Eagle 66 oil cans. The old one on the left has a hole that was poorly soldered in antiquity.

These are probably 80's or 90's manufactured steel coated brass. Two are NOS, fresh out of the plastic bag.

I've watched for these oil cans at the flea market for nearly a decade. I found one before today and it's in the picture. I bought 3 today for $10 each....

The wider base is a huge improvement. These little guys fire a small amount of oil at high pressure. I think they are ideal for putting oil deep into a hole while drilling. Right now all three are going to hold dark cutting oil.

View attachment 495979

View attachment 495980

Okay....so they aren't the old solid brass Eagle 66 oil cans. The old one on the left has a hole that was poorly soldered in antiquity.

These are probably 80's or 90's manufactured steel coated brass. Two are NOS, fresh out of the plastic bag.

I've watched for these oil cans at the flea market for nearly a decade. I found one before today and it's in the picture. I bought 3 today for $10 each....

The wider base is a huge improvement. These little guys fire a small amount of oil at high pressure. I think they are ideal for putting oil deep into a hole while drilling. Right now all three are going to hold dark cutting oil.
Those are very nice Eagles. I found an Eagle 66 in my father's garage a few weeks ago. It only says Eagle on the lid, and has a decal on the side, guessing it's probably newer than yours.
PXL_20240707_143749352.jpgPXL_20240707_143830246.jpg

View attachment 495979

View attachment 495980

don't do it... don't go to the dark side LUKE.

I wrapped lead around my narrow base Eagle 66. And it sits in a base that has a short pvc pipe so it can't fall over. Mine are users too. I'm not a collector, just a user. The wide base is the cats meow. I like my wide base Pews too, but they don't work on ball oilers. They close it off and won't pump any. So Eagles rule.

That is a beautiful old one. Is it steel or brass?

Nevermind. Your's is steel but still a nice old one.
It's not magnetic, either the lid, the body or the base. Just tried it with a Nd magnet. Definitely painted on the outside can. Inside of lid looks like brass, or brass plated. Not sure about the can. Not that it matters much to me, as this was my Dad's.
PXL_20240707_151605315.jpgPXL_20240707_151635248.jpg
Please pardon my messy desk!

I wrapped lead around my narrow base Eagle 66. And it sits in a base that has a short pvc pipe so it can't fall over. Mine are users too. I'm not a collector, just a user. The wide base is the cats meow. I like my wide base Pews too, but they don't work on ball oilers. They close it off and won't pump any. So Eagles rule.
I have a GoldenRod that pumps super easy with a very wide base.

I was pretty bummed that old solid brass Eagle 66 had a hole in it. I was going to use it. Now I think I would have retired it for how narrow the base is. The new ones are nice.

It's not magnetic, either the lid, the body or the base. Just tried it with a Nd magnet. Definitely painted on the outside can. Inside of lid looks like brass, or brass plated. Not sure about the can. Not that it matters much to me, as this was my Dad's.
View attachment 495987View attachment 495988
Please pardon my messy desk!
Cool! I thought the brown around the top was rust.

That is a super nice old can!

I have a GoldenRod that pumps super easy with a very wide base.

I was pretty bummed that old solid brass Eagle 66 had a hole in it. I was going to use it. Now I think I would have retired it for how narrow the base is. The new ones are nice.
Why not re-seal it with solder if it's leaking. Clean it first, then acetone before soldering, and seal it over. If it turns out to be a big hole, just a simple patch (round) will do ya.

Cool! I thought the brown around the top was rust.
Most likely it is decades of old oil and dust congealed into crud!

Think I'm going to empty it (there's a little old motor oil left in it) and fill it with way oil. It still pumps like it was new. Squirted out with authority :grin: Good thing I had a rag in front of it, would have made a mess! Probably it's last use was more than a decade ago.

Back