Not everything from China is junk

Going by their shipping calculation page, Huot are unaware that there are other countries outside the borders of the US! :grin:

Shame, the metric index is very nearly what I need (although it would be nice to have the slots in 0.1 mm increments rather than 0.5).

Eh, I'll just have to "pull my thumb out of my ass" as you guys say and make something. Good excuse to get a small benchtop brake, I guess (although where that's going to live, God Almighty alone knows! :big grin:)

Going by their shipping calculation page, Huot are unaware that there are other countries outside the borders of the US! :grin:

Shame, the metric index is very nearly what I need (although it would be nice to have the slots in 0.1 mm increments rather than 0.5).

Eh, I'll just have to "pull my thumb out of my ass" as you guys say and make something. Good excuse to get a small benchtop brake, I guess (although where that's going to live, God Almighty alone knows! :big grin:)
Yeah, a lot of American companies seem to avoid any international sales.

I have avoided getting metric drills in 0.1mm increments by using letter and number drills. For what I have done so far, they have been close enough, so I only have metric in 0.5mm increments.

Yeah, a lot of American companies seem to avoid any international sales.

I have avoided getting metric drills in 0.1mm increments by using letter and number drills. For what I have done so far, they have been close enough, so I only have metric in 0.5mm increments.
I do have an index of number drills. Most of my tapping is in metric, so I don't know how close I can get to the correct drill size; I should check.

I'd like to build up a complete set of 1-10mm in 0.1mm increments, in my stubbies though. I've got 1-9mm in 0.5 with a few extra sizes for the more common metric thread sizes (M4, M6, M8).

Email Huot to see if they have any distributors in the UK or Continent. Could also ask if they would sell direct.

Perhaps some kind Forum Member could act as a go-between? Or, you could pick one up when you come to visit?
Eh, I'll just have to "pull my thumb out of my ass" as you guys say and make something.
Don’t you mean “Extract Digit?” I thought that expression came from your side of the pond?

Email Huot to see if they have any distributors in the UK or Continent. Could also ask if they would sell direct.
You know they probably do have, if not in the UK, probably on the continent.
Perhaps some kind Forum Member could act as a go-between? Or, you could pick one up when you come to visit?
No plans to visit the US for the next couple of years (not because I don't want to; for all I blabber on about 'rebellious colonials', when I visited, I loved the openness and the delightful courteous hospitality of the people, and the beauty of the country, but because money spent on a flight could be spent on a Boxford or Colchester Bantam ;)).
Don’t you mean “Extract Digit?” I thought that expression came from your side of the pond?
The first time I heard that phrase used was at 16 by an old Texan ex-journalist at my first ever workplace. He was a character. :grin:

Just let me know if you’d like me to send a “gift.”
That's very generous of you to offer your time and effort. :) :encourage:

I'll have a think about whether I fancy making something functional that absolutely fits my needs or just buy the very well made and pretty thing that's close enough.

Or maybe I'll just buy the cheap knock-off Vevor drill drawer indexes and have done! :grin:

Back