General EBAY process for sellers

Anyone who traveled by air (and read the airline magazines) in the 80’s & 90’s would know about the Karrass negotiating seminars. When I worked for Hershey they were large enough to have an inhouse seminar that I attended: the biggest takeaway was that you don’t get anything you don’t ask for.
Exactly, business is all about negotiation.

First I pack an item to survive the trip. This is the step most sellers don't take. Flat rate boxes are not always large enough for that. Not everything can ship in a padded envelope. Then I measure and weigh and let ebay calculate the shipping.

First I pack an item to survive the trip. This is the step most sellers don't take. Flat rate boxes are not always large enough for that. Not everything can ship in a padded envelope. Then I measure and weigh and let ebay calculate the shipping.
I’ve been amazed at what Oakland Steel can fit in a FLB and not have the box arrived destroyed.

However, when I ship I usually go up to the next size FLB to have adequate padding (USPS used to specify 3” of padding on all 6 sides and no shifting).

Back