MX-600A 9"x24" mini lathe

that is like the one i got from Amazon, you will find that it is too short by about 5mm, it is for a 210mm swing lathe and ours is a 220mm.
but thanks for the link. I have an idea floating around in my head to fix the height issue as well as the issue of rotating the compound without unwinding it.

I got this one from amazon and it is a little shorter on the base, about 7.5mm, my plan is the attach it to a base that has provisions for a locking handle to fix the rotation issue and 12.5 mm gives me more room than 5mm. it is also cheaper.

also notice that there are more gib screws than stock in either of these which has to help.
I would recommend that you build a solid tool pose riser and run that for anything that you do not need the compound for, in my case that is the majority of projects.
Ahh OK and thanks for the info. Unfortunately I am in the UK and its not listed on the UK Amazon website and Amazon.com won't ship to the UK. I am sure there are others on Aliexpress that would be a better fit or could be modified. Are you saying the ones you have bought aren't as tall from the cross slide to the toolpost meaning tools are all 5mm below centre? Would your "quick release" toolholder not take up the difference or is it too much?. I like you rigid toolpost adapter but I mainly do small parts and rely on the compound screw for longitudinal cuts rather than the saddle travel which is a bit coarse.

Back