Milling Rite

I've got a Noga indicator holder with the adjustment on the base rather than on the end of the arm. The advantage being the arm is not disturbed by my hand trying to adjust the indicator. The Noga is worth it's price. I started with the usual cheap one from China. It now holds a stop or lamp.

I've got a Noga indicator holder with the adjustment on the base rather than on the end of the arm. The advantage being the arm is not disturbed by my hand trying to adjust the indicator. The Noga is worth it's price. I started with the usual cheap one from China. It now holds a stop or lamp.
World of difference, the cheap ones may look the same but they aren’t. Adjustment at the base is much nicer too.

John

Did some measuring: I can clear a 12" by 18" plate in the aforementioned area. That's a decent size for a very tiny shop, methinks. It's either that, or I try to keep it in a drawer somewhere...and I don't think that's gonna work too well.

I haven't pulled the vise back off, yet, because I now seem to have an axle housing taking up literally all of my workbench...and I have to find a place to put that before I go much further. I'm also waiting on parts for my 3D printer, because...well, because I'm an idiot, is why.

Lastly: I know I need a press, but it's starting to become apparent that I need at least some vestige of a brake to go with it. I have a number of 1/8" or 3/16" steel parts to bend, and that's WAY more than the DiAcro can even think about doing. So I need to sort that situation out, as well.

Back