Major Fire Near Chico California

I believe Jeff is south of the evac area, but I'm sure that is way too close for comfort based on his earlier experience with Paradise.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you'all thinking of me and mine.
We live in Chico proper. We are ok.
I feel sorry for the folks that have lost their homes and the thousands who are in evacuation limbo.

The fire is moving to the Northwest from here. Up the canyons in Tehama county.
Our fishing and stomping grounds.

This pic is from my driveway. Close enough!!

At 11:30 last night it was 6,000 acres. This morning at 5:00 it was 45,000 acres. At 4:30 this afternoon it's at 71,489 acres!!!!
No containment.
Do the math. Tomorrow at this time??
I have seen the big boy is working this fire. A Boeing 747-- laying down retardant.
DC-10's too

We get quite a show from here.1721950986963.png

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
For anybody who lives in a fire area, I cannot recommend an app called "Watch Duty" enough. Here's the website, but it's even better on a phone - https://app.watchduty.org/ or https://www.watchduty.org/ for a download

It's written by people who lived through the big fores of 5 years ago, and includes everything you need to know, and nothing you don't.

You can set any number of counties to watch and you'll get an alert for a fire, even in the middle of the night.

They have a "no opinions or politics" policy. All they do is repeat info from various authorities - state fire, local sheriff, BLM, US Forest Service, etc. There's interactive maps, and you can turn various map features on or off - whatever is important to you. The level of customization is vas, but simple to manage. It's really well done, with an excellent interface.

Free with no ads, but they accept donations to their 501c. For a $25 donation you get to see fire related air traffic as well.

I think the only app that is better than this is McMaster, but I use this more.

Back