Lets See Your Shop!

Looks like it’s “drive out.”
I can see where you'd think that, but no. The hot rod came in a piece at a time, and left a piece at a time.

It was a '27 Model T body on a 31 Model A frame. I dragged ithome and stuck it in the garage. My wife went out of town for the weekend a few days later. When she came back the garage was empty.

"You didn't." She said.

"Actually, I did." Said I.

I started tearing it down half an hour after she left and finished up with the move a couple hours before she got home. I worked on it a few years there until it became apparent I had too many projects, at which point I tore it down again, dragged the parts up the hill, and put it all back together in my garage to sell it.

PS. Flathead V8s weight a lot. Apparently my neighbor, who is used to seeing me moving things around, even asked her husband what in the world I was doing now. Sidenote - Jeeps come in handy for such things.

The bikes barely fit through the sliding door and need special handling too.

I don't envy you guys with the big awesome shops. I can't even keep my little shop clean and organized What would I ever do if I had a bigger shop.

I don't envy you guys with the big awesome shops. I can't even keep my little shop clean and organized What would I ever do if I had a bigger shop.

I agree, if you never experienced it, you'll never miss it.

PS, Cleanliness is not based on size.

Both of them are Ducatis. Neither of them are Desmos however.

On the left is a 250 Monza which is a now a 350 with aluminum bodywork.

The one on the right is a bike being built out of leftover parts from other projects. It started out as a joke but someone called my bluff so I started building it.

Both have been underway for almost 20 years now. Yes I've finished a few in the meantime!

Back