JET 1240PD

I found my threading issue!!!! I took for granted how the change gears mesh. I was hashing through this again and noticed the detail on the data plate how they can engage on the minor or major drive gear. It was chasing a metric thread all along. Time to get back in the saddle and practice my technique, depth of cut and repeatability!!!! I feel better now.
IMG_8882.jpegIMG_8883.jpegIMG_8884.jpeg

Unrelated news, 3/4” insert holders sit above C/L so unfortunately for now I may settle for some 5/8”. I like the plinth idea just no way to machine one. I don’t want to mill the bottom off my BXA holders and weaken them.

Also unrelated, found a picture of my lathe long before it was mine on the internet.
IMG_8840.png

Here’s my JET 12040PD that I picked up about a month ago. There’s not many examples of this particular machine that I’ve found on the internet specifically. I know there’s similar machines as this was produced by Dashin Prince. I’m an off-road fabricator not a machinist so bear with my newb-ness.

I’ll share my progress and ask my questions here. I like pictures. Hope y’all do too.
View attachment 487585View attachment 487586View attachment 487587View attachment 487588View attachment 487589View attachment 487590
It’s a fun story of how I traveled to purchase this sight unseen while I had a fortunate break in winter weather across Nd and Mn and how I tried to enter Canada to visit family with it before returning home. Canada was not happy with me and refused entry. Whatever, they’re just mad they don’t use Pennie’s anymore. What you see above is what it came with.

Some more details about it:
1982 manufacture date 3767 serial number
3HP factory upgrade option
Gap bed
Coolant pump
Imperial & metric dial readouts
Awesome pool ball handles
Foot brake (maybe that’s obvious but it was unknown to me before I laid eyes on it so I was excited)
I've been trying to find the manual to this lathe for months. Do you happen to have it?

Back