WTB HSS Blanks - 1/2", mostly

Rounded up a few of these today from down in the bucket dungeun . These are old HSS and cemented carbide . The more I dig , the more I'll find as everything is stashed away somewhat . Ive got 3 containers out in the garage also that have been pulled out of the Vidmars . Making some progress for those that responded . :encourage:

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    557 KB · Views: 16
Managed to do some digging in my HSS stash and found several REX round end blanks. They are about 1 inch thick by about 5”” long. Not sure what I would ever use them for though

Managed to do some digging in my HSS stash and found several REX round end blanks. They are about 1 inch thick by about 5”” long. Not sure what I would ever use them for though
I have some like that for my shaper. Glad most were already ground, they take *forever* if you want to grind a new one.

GsT

So it's time I got off my butt and put some time and effort into getting more proficient at grinding and utilizing HSS tooling. I'm looking to buy some good old HSS blanks that somebody might have lying around. Maybe a few 3/8 and 1/4 stuff to have around for what might come up too.

Dave? You probably have buckets of them?! (BTW, really loving the tap wrench you sold me)

Thanks in advance,
Dave H
Snohomish WA
Check this out and this and look at the products related to the item section of this one.

Since you got me thinking, I jumped over to ebay and snagged 8 pieces of 1/2" Tantung G, NOS for $8/each. That's a steal for some of the hardest working tool bits out there, it machines like carbide but without chipping on interrupted cuts or peeling off grotty corrosion layers on your stock. So yep, it's still out there!
I pick them up off amazon at about the same shot +/-

Back