An abrasive saw on aluminum

Brento

Registered
Registered
My old man has a dewalt chop saw that cuts metal with an abrasive saw. I was wondering if i could put a blade in that chop saw to cut aluminum. Also what kind of blade would that be.

I put a 60 tooth on my Skill saw zipped right through 1/4".

Finetoothed(60-80) wood working blade with carbide tips will work great, feed very slowly to keep the chip size down.
You can cut aluminium with coarser blades too but it can become a bit more dangerous with increased risk of taking bites that are too large for the saw to handle.

I dont want to half ass the cutting saw so i want to use the right blade to minimize any risks. Any idea what type of blade to use?

A carbide tipped circular saw and cutting wax is a quick way of skinning the cat

I dont want to half ass the cutting saw so i want to use the right blade to minimize any risks. Any idea what type of blade to use?
Have a look at these...

Last edited:
My old man has a dewalt chop saw that cuts metal with an abrasive saw. I was wondering if i could put a blade in that chop saw to cut aluminum. Also what kind of blade would that be.
If cutting aluminum in a chop saw or table saw do not hold it by hand like you do cutting wood. Use clamps and hold downs and proceed carefully.

Back