Youtube

I can generally deal with the ads during the videos but I enabled the ad blocker to remove the "preview" of other vids at the end of each youtube vid that covered up content. Now I may have to go back to not being able to see the last 15 seconds of each video.

I just found this Y/T video for an add blocker. Don't know if it works or not because I had already signed up for a 2 month free trial. I'll be trying it when the free trial ends.

I use 'Privacy Badger', 'DuckDuckGo', and 'uBlock Origin' and have no problems with YouTube. There is some weirdness when I select a video, but after ~30 seconds of reloading I can watch it unimpaired. A better solution is a PiHole https://pi-hole.net/ but I have not set one up again since the move here.

GsT

I started to use FADBLOCK recently, and have no problems. Free. functional. lightweight.

I use 'Privacy Badger', 'DuckDuckGo', and 'uBlock Origin' and have no problems with YouTube. There is some weirdness when I select a video, but after ~30 seconds of reloading I can watch it unimpaired. A better solution is a PiHole https://pi-hole.net/ but I have not set one up again since the move here.

GsT
Unfortunately, pi-hole doesn't work for YouTube anymore. Hasn't for a while now. YouTube has figured out that all it needs to do is to serve the ads directly from YouTube, which defeats pi-hole. For a while, pi-hole was awesome. It still works, but is less effective now.

Unfortunately, pi-hole doesn't work for YouTube anymore. Hasn't for a while now. YouTube has figured out that all it needs to do is to serve the ads directly from YouTube, which defeats pi-hole. For a while, pi-hole was awesome. It still works, but is less effective now.
Well, poo! That is bad news. Still, the aforementioned tracking and ad blockers do seem to work, at least for now.

GsT

Well, poo! That is bad news. Still, the aforementioned tracking and ad blockers do seem to work, at least for now.

GsT
I won't stop pi-hole at our home. Can't imagine what it would be like. Wait, I can, every time we leave the house, I'm bombarded with ads and crapola. Think I need to set some up at our kids homes, the ads are horrible. Guess I'll scrounge up some spare Pi's.

If you buy a paid membership, do you still have to watch ads?

Back