Your Moderators at Work

Yeppers and i follow your build almost religiously. Thats why i figgured you would be the perfect person to spearhead this if it were to take off. I'd like to see how you work out the little snags trying to fit parts made from all over the country. I,m sure you get that just doing parts by yourself. It dosent even have to be an engine, something like a dividing head and tailstock, would probably be far more interesting to alot of us.
If we had a project with a lot of small to med. parts and we could come up with a list of prints to pick from I'm sure there could be something for everyones skills. We could use any material we have and ship the completed part in a flat rate box. It would only cost you $5 and your time to participate. Might be kind of fun. One of our lucky moderators could assemble it.

Thats why I suggested our moderators do a team build. Imagine all these guys from all over the nation making something from a set of prints. It would be very inspiring , especially to those who do this just for a hobby. But I feel certain these are busy men and its a tall order for them to devote their time to do this. They already have their hands full looking out for this forum. If i was out of line by suggesting it, I apologize. Ya'll keep up the good work!

Hi, just curious, are all the moderators America?

Regards, Matthew

Hi, just curious, are all the moderators America?

Regards, Matthew

No Matthew, we are not.
And due to our differences it would be difficult to obtain a consensus on a "team build"

Cheers Phil
...........from the land down under..............ya know I think theres a song there somewhere............

Yeah, that song that gets stuck in your head... I'm still trying to imagine what "vegemite" (sp?) would taste like.

Darn it... now you did it... I just replayed the song in my head. It's going to replay all day now because of you...

(LOL)

Ray

No Matthew, we are not.
And due to our differences it would be difficult to obtain a consensus on a "team build"

Cheers Phil
...........from the land down under..............ya know I think theres a song there somewhere............

Yeah, that song that gets stuck in your head... I'm still trying to imagine what "vegemite" (sp?) would taste like.

Darn it... now you did it... I just replayed the song in my head. It's going to replay all day now because of you...

(LOL)

Ray

Ray
if you ever get the hankering to get down this, way pm/look me up. I would love to meet you

Cheers phil

Thats why I suggested our moderators do a team build. Imagine all these guys from all over the nation making something from a set of prints. It would be very inspiring , especially to those who do this just for a hobby. But I feel certain these are busy men and its a tall order for them to devote their time to do this. They already have their hands full looking out for this forum. If i was out of line by suggesting it, I apologize. Ya'll keep up the good work!

If you think about it we are building something as a "Team" and your part of it too. This marvelous site where you can come and feel like your a big club or a family wanting to learn from mentors who volunteer there time to help.
Nelson had the sketch and invited his friends to help. I am not exactly sure of the timetable and who volunteered first, but I am sure there were a few pieces (idea's) made that got scrapped... a few parts are still made that are out of tolerance...but no one is perfect, a lot of trial and error building some successful. But as time goes on our "team build" is taking shape. It will always evolve to a better and updated part and as some of The team retires or takes a coffee break the younger generation that we helped create will step forward and continue to build a better and better "TEAM BUILD".

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to build . Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Back