Your Moderators at Work

macrnr

Active User
Registered
The new thread seems a little elitist. I always liked this forum because it was inclusive. Perhaps I am too sensitive........

Every one seems so friendly on this fourum i'm suprised they have anything to do ;-)

Stuart

The new thread seems a little elitist. I always liked this forum because it was inclusive. Perhaps I am too sensitive........

We expected this. No you are not too sensitive. It's not meant to be anything like that. It is to help the new guys in seeing what there mods can do and helping them know who they are addressing their questions to. No more no less. No person on this forum is as you say elite. We are ready to delete it if too many feel as you do.

"Billy G"

It's not meant to be elitist at all. I'm a little surprised you think so. The intent was simply a way to allow everyone to get to know the Moderators here at a different level. I don't want anyone here to think that our Moderators are just here to "keep the peace" and step in when disputes arise. There is very little of that to do here, a fact that I am glad, and kind of proud of. This group of people seem to get along really well, especially considering the diverse background.

The idea started based on wanting to give an insight into the personality and the particular aspect of this hobby that each one has. Some may have been hesitant to show their work, or workplace. We want everyone to be comfortable here, and getting to know those "taking the lead" was felt to be a positive step towards that. Not everyone knows what the Moderators do in their shops. That's all it is.

I'm for it. Its nice to know that the moderators are fully capable machinist, willing to give their time to help others learn. Keep up the good work.

Didn't pay any attention to that topic and when I did I liked it. It's kinda like knowing that the school principle can actually teach a class if needed. Great idea I think.

I missed it, and now I feel like I missed it! :)
Sounds like a great idea to me.
I would love to know more about you guys. Although I think I've learned quite a bit just reading so many posts here.
I have also noticed moderators encouraging posts to threads about projects, encouraging members to value their experiences enough to share them here, and direct members toward information.

I love this place!

Bernie

No it is not elitist at all.I do appreciate the help though i do not engulf all of the ideas expressed.Keep up the
good work.
ARISCATS

I would like to see all of you collaborate on one project, That would be interesting. Maybe a steam engine or something. I would love pics especially final assemly and it running. Steam engine maybe too easy, how bout a 4 stroke ic engine?

Back