Your Moderators at Work

Just wanted to add to the thread how much I appreciate the moderators on this site. I have been on here for almost 2 years as a member and some before that as just a reader. I have read lots of forums over the years being a computer tec guy. Before finding this group I had bad experiences posting on lots of groups (not just metal working) so I never posted. After the time on here I have started posting more and really enjoy it. A lot of that is due to the great moderators we have. The "Your Moderators at Work" thread doesn't bother me as being elitist. I know most of you by your work from the many threads you already post and the great feedback I have received from you. But I have been here for sometime and I am not sure a new member would be able to read through the backlog of old post to get the same experience. So for that new person this new thread could really help to see the talent of the moderators and if they have a little patience they see what a great group it is. It is hard on a group like this to not let ego get the best of you and try to prove yourself right especially since there are so many different ways to approach some of the task. I remember as a new member here reading a post and thinking "that's not the way I learned to do it, he must be wrong ^%$^(" But after reading some of the back post by the same guy I saw how little I knew compared to him. I changed my way of doing the thing to his and WOW it did work better. Now after all this time when George or Tony post something I just except that it is right :whiteflag::whiteflag: This thread could give new users an easy place to see the same thing with all of our moderators.

Just my $0.02

Jeff

Richard, I agree with you 100%. You and the other moderators have built something great here.

I saw the "Your Moderators at work" section too and it did not strike me as elitist or anything of the sort. Leave it as it is, it is just fine!

Well I for one would like to show my appreciation for all the mods
on here that take their time to keep this outstanding site the best one out there .
Lets stand and give a big round of applause .
Thanks Bob

I have been following some of the threads in this new section, and enjoying them. To be honest, I don't put much stock in which of the sub forum a thread is in. The way I use the forum is mostly as follows.

1) Click on new posts.
2) Read threw the titles, anything that looks interesting, or that I have some knowledge of, I open in a new tab in my browser.
3) Click on "Mark as Read"
4) Read through the tabs I opened. Comment when I have something to say.

I am totally in favor of people sharing there experiences; it enriches this forum, and everyone that is a part of it. I like to see what the Mods are doing, but honestly, I like to see what everyone is doing, so I may be biased.

I would also like to add that I too appreciate the moderators here.

Back