You never know who's tracking you online

I was at a store shopping. The woman who took payment. I have never met She was beautiful but I do not know who she is.
When I come home and check Facebook, she comes up as a friend suggestion.
I paid by card. Scary!!

This one is a pure scam, I have also received it a number of times, I have an old XP laptop from 2001 that does not even have a camera. So I wonder how they hacked it????

They just send out the emails knowing most people do have a camera today and if they get one hit from someone that does not know better, in 100,000 emails sent (they send out emails by the millions) it was a good and profitable week.
Exactly. I received an email similar to this saying in effect "We know that you've been visiting naughty sites, and we're going to [do whatever] if you don't pay us." Uh huh.

Gotta love yahoo email also. I'm using firefox.

Got an email from a customer and sent him a reply, and this ad instantly appeared above my outbox. Apparently my private email was shared with ebay.

lt1.PNG

Last edited:
Interesting.
My use of Firefox and Chrome are flipped from yours.
I trust Mozilla more than I trust Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn’t really matter, it’s the process of only using each for specific tasks. Kinda like you can drill a hole with many different machines but if you have one setup that works use that one.

I was doing work for a client on google drive so I decided to use that one for holding credentials on.

I like Mozilla though. When I started at Apple in 1995 I loaded their web browser and looked at pretty much the entire World Wide Web one afternoon :grin:

John

yeah....search your computer for savings.cool you'll play hell to get it off your computer but its at the very crux of most this stuff. I don't mind having suggestions available to me if there is going to be random ads, but freedoms/privacy...you know. Spyhunter is the ONLY way I found to get rid of it. 9 out of 10 malware removers won't find it or cant remove it, that pisses me off.

The funny thing is that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. are often abused in that users get hung up on seeking attention for themselves, sometimes to the point of narcissism. With the AI and privacy functions, they get the attention all right!

I have no idea why people would spend their time on these sites, but to each their own.

I hate to point this out but these companies employ psychological experts who make their products just as addicting as the worst substances out there.

They need to be regulated as such, anyone who can generate BILLIONS of dollars by just letting people flap their jaws isn't operating in the best interest of our society and, truly doesn't deserve to benefit from the structures, and protections we created to support companies that employed all those workers who produced the "old iron" we appreciate so much and all the stuff made with it.

Not understanding something isn't an excuse for ignoring it if you're in a position of protecting the people you represent.

I know this is verging on politics but people fought and died so that we could live in the free countries we enjoy, we should all expect that any company benefiting from that structure should be regulated in such a way that it actually makes our lives better. The GDPR is a start but there is much more work to be done.

John

Back