You never know who's tracking you online

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I logged into my USPS account yesterday and this was on top of the page.

I guess the post office is trying anything to make money now days.

usps ad.PNG

Nowadays, you have to assume that everyone you deal with has some kind of track tacked onto your butt.

Had a conversation with the wife about a new bed purchase. Said we needed to go look for a new bed and were planning a day to go. Later all the advertisements on her phone were bed sales and places that sold so. I thought that was pretty creepy and wrong! Yes they are listening.
I’ve had two separate friends tell me about people who have called them saying they had video of them doing embarrassing Things on their iPhone through the self camera. Wanted a ransom or else They would post video to social media. Both friends told them to pound sand and now they have tape over the self cam on phone. Another reason why I think technology is killing us.

We have the Alexa device in my shop and the house.
I talk about, I sure could use a set of big brass balls. I'm watching for a coupon from Amazon for a set of brass balls :)
Big Brother is watching and listening.

It’s beyond creepy and scary. its why I started using a VPN, especially on my phone. The more you know the creepier it gets. The tech giants are making billions selling your info.

Had a conversation with the wife about a new bed purchase. Said we needed to go look for a new bed and were planning a day to go. Later all the advertisements on her phone were bed sales and places that sold so. I thought that was pretty creepy and wrong! Yes they are listening.
I’ve had two separate friends tell me about people who have called them saying they had video of them doing embarrassing Things on their iPhone through the self camera. Wanted a ransom or else They would post video to social media. Both friends told them to pound sand and now they have tape over the self cam on phone. Another reason why I think technology is killing us.

This one is a pure scam, I have also received it a number of times, I have an old XP laptop from 2001 that does not even have a camera. So I wonder how they hacked it????

They just send out the emails knowing most people do have a camera today and if they get one hit from someone that does not know better, in 100,000 emails sent (they send out emails by the millions) it was a good and profitable week.

It’s also why I do no social media, no Facebook, no Twitter, no nuthin. Ever listened to the guys who used to be on the inside of those tech co’s? The way they get attention is by fomenting outrage. No wonder mental illnesses is through the roof.

Just had to go thru the MILs phone. her problem was that every time she took a picture it went straight to her facebook page. and all of the pics that were on her phone were now gone from the phone and showed up on her facebook page.
While I was cleaning it up I found that facebook states in the app that it is their policy to ALWAYS be listening to AND recording everything the mic hears. They claim it is just so that they can improve the speech recognition. They also state that they will monitor and record everything that ANY of the phones cameras can see. It also gave itself full administrative access to everything in the phone.. She said she needs facebook because that is the only way she can get pics of her grandkids or I would have removed it entirely.
I was able to kill all of the permissions and get her pics off of facebook and back into her phone. Next time I am there I will check to see if facebook was able to regain full control or not.

I have no FB and my son sends me pic and vids of my g-kids through regular email all the time. There is no winning with FB, and youre up against their AI. AI is not somewhere in the future it’s here now and that’s what big tech uses to harvest your info and tailors your net feed. News, ads, etc.

I’ve had two separate friends tell me about people who have called them saying they had video of them doing embarrassing Things on their iPhone through the self camera. Wanted a ransom or else They would post video to social media. Both friends told them to pound sand and now they have tape over the self cam on phone.

I love talking to people about this scam. Everyone starts giving me reasons why they know it is a scam and must things like "the email address is fake" or "I know they couldn't hack my camera like that" or "I use a VPN" etc...

The look on their face is priceless when I just say "yes I got the same email. I know it is fake because I know I don't do that to myself in front of my computer or phone "

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back