Yes or no on this milling machine?

I am amazed you are able to do this. Around me, a bridgeport or equivalent machine can typically be in the 3500 range, most machines at a lower price disappear after a few days or a week most . I could not picture someone letting you stop by and inspect, test and troubleshoot a machine every couple of days lol.
Buy the induma, give the machine some love and never look back. Pick up that great lath in the same trip;-)

I have definitely been fortunate. I think he's been almost as interested in seeing what's wrong with as I am, but I couldn't imagine having it and not fixing it (or at least trying). I guess it did what he needed it to over the years, unless I am simply being sandbagged (and don't see it).

Watch this link. Its alittle long winded but he shows how the bearing Assy is removed. Might help

Thanks for the link. I've watched a few videos on YouTube, but none cover this exact issue...maybe this one will be a little more informative.

You could reject his offer and wait six years for another deal. But one us will snap it up.
The DRO sounds like it isn't in reading mode, it's in pre-set. It's waiting input from keypad, enter; then they should read.
If not Newall, is just a email or phone call away.
The power feed is not Induma, it's chineseium, no loss.
Backlash, there will be take up nuts or screws in the X-Y cross, a big bronze affair threaded for both lead screws.
It's not a Bridgeport, so what? Neither is any other turret mill; Cincinnati, Comet, ExCello, Sharp or South Bend, that doesn't make them fakes, just different. None are perfect designs. I wouldn't turn down an Induma, in fact repaired one that had been dropped, breaking the plate [!] beneath the pulley shroud. 1983. H**L no didn't weld it, hogged a-new from billet aluminum. still running today. Step pulley just like this one you found.
And not being able to shift might be the owners problem. There are hundreds of clowns with machinery, clueless how to run, maintain, even set one up. Note, didn't say clowns who 'own' machinery. Effectively, machine owns them.

Congratulations!! You lucky dog:)

Wish me luck, I rented this yesterday and will be picking the lathe & milling machine up tomorrow...

20190517_175941_jpg-948681.JPG

Crazy thing is, the forklift damn near weighs as much as the truck does!

Back