OK. I don't have any personal experience with them but that seems to be a nice machine.

Maximat Super 11 is a super machine.
Kinda puts the Atlas and SB's to shame... :)
Congratulations.

Thanks wa5cab and Choiliefan. The lathe is in decent condition, just that no one had bothered to clean it in the last decade or two. There is a quarter inch crust of grease and dirt all over, paint has flaked off in lots of places, and it will take substantial restoration/cleanup before it looks and functions like new again. I have already started that process. The good news is that nothing is worn, broken or damaged.

Any chance you got a draw-bar or closer for 5C collets with the lathe?
Any other tooling?

Any chance you got a draw-bar or closer for 5C collets with the lathe?
Any other tooling?
I did get a Royal 5C collet closer with a sheared off/broken pin. It still works well though. I did not get any collets.

I also got the 3-jaw Emco chuck and toolholder. That's about it.

Sorry to hijack this, but those who had lathes they were looking to sell, what do you still have? I'm in UT (would need to freight something), but I'm looking for a 10"-14" lathe with a 30"-40" bed. I just missed out on a 1340 Jet delivered for $2600 and I'm hitting myself for not pulling the trigger on it. What do you guys have? (I REALLY want the capability to thread metric and standard). I run a small atv/motorcycle shop and 80% of what I deal with is metric. But I'm adding a small machine shop on the corner just to make/modify parts for our repairs/projects/builds.

Nothing I have would do metric with out some gear changes , but I have the Atlas 12" 3996 below , and the Clausing 12" 5917 .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have saved searches for craigslist and ebay items which I check regularly.
It's easy to set parameters far as distance from and price range.
Eventually something akin to your exact needs will pop up.

Back