[Newbie] Wisefixer - What Are These?

What holder is used for the collet size? What is the tool used for?

• info.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
on the special tool--maybe there are missing bushings that fit on the front screw---it seems like it would need something other than just the threaded bolt to rotate the cutter on--since the cutter bit has two screws to secure it --means there must be pressure to do the cutting or trimming to hold it from moving---we will keep thinking---Dave

yep a collet and I would guess router. The other one not sure but I think it is an adjustable bottle opener.:eek:
Seems the two thumb screws set an X/Y gage. I hope someone knows.

Could it be a cutter for a wood lathe? Might be used in a tracer set up of some sort.

Sorry about the delay but it has been real hectic around here. There are 36 collets that cover 1/64 - 1/2 inch. If anyone knows exactly what they fit I would buy one and make a collet holder to use on a lathe. I chased down the #'s provided but couldn't locate them anywhere. Thanks again for the effort.

You know the irony of this is that I received this tool as an extra gift when I ordered some machinist's tools from a company. My problem is I don't recall what company it was.

Sorry about the delay but it has been real hectic around here. There are 36 collets that cover 1/64 - 1/2 inch. If anyone knows exactly what they fit I would buy one and make a collet holder to use on a lathe. I chased down the #'s provided but couldn't locate them anywhere. Thanks again for the effort.
on ebay---search acura flex 90528 and it will show a holder and 5 collets for buy it now for 39.99---this will work for your collets---Dave

Well I took a flyer and bought to your suggestion. Hope it works, even if it doesn't who doesn't need more tools, thanks

If the chuck doesn't work out. I would just make a chuck from some round stock. Fit it to the spindle first and machine the rest from there.

Hope it works, even if it doesn't who doesn't need more tools

Hi Wisefixer,

I was in my local used tool place today and as promised I pawed thru their miscellaneous collet bin:
collet_bin.jpg

(this bin is separate from the bins of 5C, Hardinge and other collets)

NONE of them matched the dimensions you gave.......sorry, I tried!

-brino

Back