[Newbie] Wisefixer - What Are These?

What holder is used for the collet size? What is the tool used for?

• info.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am new to this site as you can see and I hope these views will help. I have checked some of the recommendations but to no avail. There are no dimensions that match.

pm611 004.JPG pm611 003.JPG pm611 002.JPG pm611 001.JPG

I've never seen a collet like that one. Do you have a holder for it?

The tool looks well made. The pointy, wedge shaped tool looks like it would be for marking if it slides easily in and out. Does it look as if it has been hammered on? It looks like brass. Or is it tool steel?

Now seeing your hand in the pic I realize how big it is.

Wisefixer,

Those are much better pictures of the tool......unfortunately I still have no idea!

That collet is still playing a little camera shy, but resembles some I've seen at my local used tool place.
I'll likely be in there this weekend, and I'll paw thru the box for similar ones to see if they have any marks.....

-brino

No I don't have a holder for it and that is my problem. I have a whole set and don't know what they are for.

the collet is an acura-flex and the collet nut # is 9400180 44-40-0470 u---these were used in dotco pneumatic tools like grinders and routers, and other tools---I have a 1/4" and 1/2" collets for mine---
-Dave

Last edited:
the other tool color and texture tells me maybe something for a grinder accessory???--it doesn't look like it is for precision work

Back