Will a Vertex HV-8 rotary table fit a PM-833T?

It fit my Rong Fu 45 just fine - which is a bit smaller than the PM-833. I now have it on my PM 935 with which has a table similar in size to the 833 and works great.

33613918158_249cfdad0a_k.jpg

I mounted a 6” Bison 3-jaw to it with a self-centering backplate as described in this series.

Thanks for the opinions. Seems you both think an 8" is better than 6". I found the HV-8 on ebay with the 4 slots for Eisen, but i have no way of knowing if its not a fake. Anyone bought from them?
I bought my HV-8 Vertex from Eisen. They are a full line reputable competitor to Precision Matthews.

Thanks for the opinions. Seems you both think an 8" is better than 6". I found the HV-8 on ebay with the 4 slots for Eisen, but i have no way of knowing if its not a fake. Anyone bought from them?
I bought my HV-8iVertex from Eisen. They are a full line reputable competitor to Precision Matthews.

Ok, i'm convinced. On order. Thanks for your input David; many of your suggestions and hints have already come into plan on this adventure.

This is turning int a very expensive way to do anything....

Ok, i'm convinced. On order. Thanks for your input David; many of your suggestions and hints have already come into plan on this adventure.

This may help you even more. Lol

Attachments

• Machine Tooling Get Started List December2022 2.pdf
    168.6 KB · Views: 36
Found that a while ago. Been working through it. Truth be told i'm still stuck on making tnuts for the vise to table. figured i had to learn somehow. Every time i do anything i need four more tools and a half dozen cutting implements. today i smoked both the drills i had for the taps in the t-nuts.......

When I started collecting metalworking tools, I never would have dreamed I’d spend so much money.

Now I’ve become de-sensitized…

(I’m itching to order a 8” rotary table for my 833 too…)

I purchased a vertex 8" rotary table this year from this site. https://www.accuramachinetools.com/accuravertex-8-inch-horizontalvertical-rotary-tabl.html

Good price and they gave me a good discount since I ordered it with the dividing plates and tail stock. Shipping was cheaper than if I drove an hour to pick it up. They brand it as their Accura brand, but it's a legitimate Vertex. Not sure why they don't advertise it that way. I'd still call to confirm.

I asked about the 3 vs 4 slot. I got a 4 slot, but it was new/old stock. I don't remember which, but they used to make it one way, now they only make it the other way and apparently retailers never updated their pictures and how many slots you'll get.

Other than it's a little taller than the 6", and heavier, I can't imagine having a 6" if you need extra clamping room. I've used on it my PM 833 TV.

I also purchased this chuck for it. It was the cheapest option, lowest profile I could find that wasn't a super low (expensive $1K+) machining center chuck. Has front mount holes on 140mm P.C.D and on a 4 slot rotary table, just need the bolts and t-nuts. It was about half the cost even with shipping vs ordering from US supplier. I got the D1-4 backing plate... so, if I never use it on my rotary table, I have a 4 jaw for my lathe.

160mm Pratt Burnerd 4 Jaw Independent Chuck

Rotagriponline.com is a terrific resource in the UK to buy some of the higher end brands (Albrecht, Royal, Pratt Burnerd specifically) at almost 50 percent discount to what you'd pay here in the USA. Their online prices include the UK VAT, but when buying in the USA you do not pay that portion. On most items the shipping is often equivalent to the VAT saved. I've been buying from this family-owned business for over a decade.

As per subject line, anyone use/fit a Vertex HV-8 (8-inch horizontal and vertical rotary table) with/on a PM-833T? Too big? Too small? or just the right size for the PM-833T's 8.25 x 33 inch table? Thanks!
I have a 10" vertex Rotary table I use on my PM940V which works very well. I suspect the width of your table will be less of a limiting factor than the Z axis clearance with table and tools installed.

Back