Which Live Center?

We have a scrap recycling place that won't let you peruse. I am friendly with the plumbing place that does some fabrication, and the welding/fab shop. They have been accommodating.

We have a scrap recycling place that won't let you peruse. I am friendly with the plumbing place that does some fabrication, and the welding/fab shop. They have been accommodating.

Watch for old printers. They contain some of the best precision ground, easy to cut rods I've ever seen.

Just picked up 10 or more log splitting wedges from my recycling center. I don't go there often, but every so often I find something when I drop off stuff. One of my better finds was an old unicycle, I never got very good at it, but it kept me amused for about a year lol

Btw, I saw your post on your recycle center... bummer.

Another option, construction sites, especially steel framed buildings. I have never been to one that did not have big bolts left lying around and dozens of angle cutoffs. The angle are great for fixtures on mills, bolts always are useful...

Hth
Rich

I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities. My own printer at home is shot, I'll take a look.:encourage:

When I started I went to a pickup truck accessory shop where they put lift kits and picked a couple of truck shock absorbers, cut them apart and took the center rods from them. These are fairly straight and uniform.

Kind of messy with the hydraulic fluid though.

We think alike....

Back