[Source] Where's a Good Place to get Mild Steel and Al in E. Bay CA?

Yep! :D
It's a 1999 Superformance, and is one of the main reasons for me going down the rabbit hole.

Edit: Actually I stand corrected--the picture in my avatar was one of my buddy's cars--an ERA street 427, and I am in the process of building one very much like it. I've changed my avatar to my SPF 427 S/C dash.

Very nice. I have a Superformance myself, so I do understand how difficult it is to fight these diseases !

Ted

Check with PDM steel.

They are commercial supply but price is good.

The "bonus" is they deliver to many companies all over the place so if you are close to a normal route or close to a customer then they will deliver to you for just the fuel charge which is like a couple bucks per hundred weight.

We are in the country near fresno but near a route so we had a couple lengths of angle delivered for a buck 50 .. $1.50...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

South Bay metals in gilroy is who I used to use , All metals up here in oroville is the place now.

Had another thought--has anyone found a reasonable internet source for steel and aluminum? I did a little looking at lunch today, and the prices didn't seem too outrageous, but then shipping was all over the place--from obscene to merely expensive. Given that I've gotta rent a truck to pick up material, though, it might make sense? Any suggestions on sources?

onlinemetals on Ebay

you could do an ebay search for of materials of interest, & go for the items with free shipping

Had another thought--has anyone found a reasonable internet source for steel and aluminum? I did a little looking at lunch today, and the prices didn't seem too outrageous, but then shipping was all over the place--from obscene to merely expensive. Given that I've gotta rent a truck to pick up material, though, it might make sense? Any suggestions on sources?

I was thinking about you today. I had to make a run over to San Leandro to pick up a sheet of zinc and could have made the loop through you neighborhood. If I had your address I could just catapult misc. items your way. I seem to remember you said you were suppose to be out for a couple of weeks, and I'm not too sure of my aim even with good coordinates. :D

Edit: If you have an idea what you're looking for or make a list I would shop for you when I'm out and about. I get sequestered in the shop and sometimes I need windshield time. The drive to the bay wasn't the best use of my time but $300 for crating and freight with a huge ??? on the condition upon arrival was worth the trip. The flat rate box that gets sent around here at H-M might work for you on small pieces of aluminum and misc. steel. You could pack a lot of aluminum practice pieces in there for flat rate.

Last edited:
Rust,
I'm back in town. Will PM you my contact info.

Evan

If I had your address I could just catapult misc. items your way. I seem to remember you said you were suppose to be out for a couple of weeks, and I'm not too sure of my aim even with good coordinates. :D

Wondering if you have a trailer like this:
Trailer Trebuchet.jpg
:dancing banana:

I don't have one like that, but might in the near future! :D Of course, it would have to be steel instead of wood (material preference).

Back