Where To Buy Inserts?

Thanks Bruce! That is helpful. I have actually used a XXXT screw on a XXXP insert and it worked fine. That was before I had any idea what I was ordering.

Send complaints to:

International Organization for Standardization
ISO Central Secretariat
Chemin de Blandonnet 8
CP 401
1214 Vernier, Geneva
Switzerland

Robert

I have used socket head cap screws to hold inserts in with no issues.

Reactions: rwm
OK..back to this topic again....
I have a bunch of tool holders that technically take a TCMT 321 insert. This is apparently hard to find with few choices. It look like TCMT 32.51 is WAAAAY more common. That insert is 5/32 thick instead of 1/8. Will that work in the holder or will it be sloppy due to the 7 deg relief angle. By my calculations this insert will be too small where it touches the pocket by .004". Is that correct? If you can help please respond ASAP so I can place an order.
Thanks
Robert

Last edited:
OK..back to this topic again....
I have a bunch of tool holders that technically take a TCMT 321 insert. This is apparently hard to find with few choices. It look like TCMT 32.51 is WAAAAY more common. That insert is 5/32 thick instead of 1/8. Will that work in the holder or will it be sloppy due to the 7 deg relief angle. By my calculations this insert will be too small where it touches the pocket by .004". Is that correct? If you can help please respond ASAP so I can place an order.
Thanks
Robert
Should work just fine. I have a few holders made for semi-obsolete inserts that will hold newer ones quite well with no problems. May have to adjust the center height of the tool holder a little. Ken

Back