What’s missing on this bp clone.

I think I found one that you could alter by boring out the mounting hole . It may be .750 0r so now .

That would be perfect! It looks like there is detent ball marks on the arbor. Does the handle have a spring detent? If so will I lose it boring it out?

Also, the bevel gear for the knee had a set screw and it wasnt tight. It was just pushed back. I took the knee,saddle,table off and cleaned everything up. It moves nicely now! I ordered the way wipers and am going to have to shim the saddle gib. It looks like a .004" shim is needed. You dont get a ton of adjustment room with the way wiper covers. By my measurements 4 thou should push the gib slightly proud of the operator side.

I measured the screw head depth to the being flush with the saddle(not the base of the screw but the top of the head). It was .25" it needed to come out. I measured the taper along an inch and quartered it. I got .00375". I rounded up to 4 thou for my measurement. Does this sound reasonable? H&W doesnt sell any variety packs of shim stock so I would have to choose. I dont see any variety packs on their website. I see them on ebay but they arent really long enough. I would hate to make the gib sit too proud on the front!

Back