What’s missing on this bp clone.

D.sebens

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I just got a hartford vertical mill. Can you tell me what I’m missing on the head? The heads currently sideways so I rotated the picture to make it seem right ways. I’ll attach a picture of the box of parts I got too.

Also, the motor plate is very worn. I see a few threes on it. I’m guessing 3hp 3ph?

Attachments

• 8ECCF6C9-C311-4B17-BF2B-8996E2F92FAB.jpeg
    8ECCF6C9-C311-4B17-BF2B-8996E2F92FAB.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 66
  • EA36556F-3620-4FDC-A6D9-1C2B73E82959.jpeg
    EA36556F-3620-4FDC-A6D9-1C2B73E82959.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 54F4BC1A-D4DE-47DF-AD8E-B7F9B27CA615.jpeg
    54F4BC1A-D4DE-47DF-AD8E-B7F9B27CA615.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 64
From what I can see, your missing the quill feed lever on the right, and the fine feed wheel on the front. Mike

It appears to be missing the quill feed handle assembly (handle, spring, washer, bolt) ; did not see it in the parts pile.

There’s a brass cylinder with an offset hole on the right lower. Is that a quill lock?

It may be 3.3 amps and 3 phase- you might have to use a magnifying glass to get any more data, it's very faint

The quill lock is missing but looks like it's in the box of parts.

Ted

Looks like you may have a bolt broken in your downfeed / fine feed assembly also . That would be the bolt that reverses the feed direction .Hard to tell from the pics . Yes , the quill lock is in the parts box . The quill handle is missing , measure it up , I have a few extras . The fine feed wheel is no biggie , you can buy or make one easily .

Looks like you may have a bolt broken in your downfeed / fine feed assembly also . That would be the bolt that reverses the feed direction .Hard to tell from the pics . Yes , the quill lock is in the parts box . The quill handle is missing , measure it up , I have a few extras . The fine feed wheel is no biggie , you can buy or make one easily .
You are correct on the fine feed having a broken bolt. What is the important measurements for the quill handle? I have some about quill handle shaft size washers I’ll take a picture of later.

The diameter of the shaft . No big deal as it's easy to bore or sleave to fit . Just need a pin inserted at the correct position to fit your mill .

How does the forward reverse knob work? Also I feel like this is cheaper than the materials and my time to make it! Does this seem right? Would the thread be the same?AD191DB8-8F4B-4E33-97C3-3EFAAD7AC83D.png

Back