[Noteworthy] What PROJECTS do you have planned for 2013?

I have a 4X6 Grizzley band saw but I recently purchased a powered hacksaw. I don't need it but it was cheap and kinda cute so I bought it. The guy I bought it from lives in the mountains so it may take a while before he brings it into town. My hope is to clean it up and have it powder coated. One cannot have to many saws can one?
I've got a horizontal band saw also but would love to get one of the powered
Hack saws. What make/model do you have? Can you post a photo? I see these on CL periodically but waiting for the right deal and size.

Finish rebuilding my 20" Lodge & Shipley gap bed lathe that I've been working on for the past two years.

DSCN1317.JPG

This year will bring:
Building a lathe center roller.
Quick Change Indicator holder.
Tool box for Milling machine accessories
Change a bench drill press into floor model.​
That should keep me busy until spring and weed control and irrigation take over my time.

The key to keeping them quiet is volume and irregular surfaces inside the moderator. I have built quite a few and I only ever have 3 chambers inside. I use conical baffles with hair curlers and scotch brite pads as spacers. This makes them as quiet as a leprechaun's fart.

Paul.

thanks for the info. I made a conical one,with iregular holes drill, and it seems to be a bit quieter, but the bounce back from downrange from the trees seems to be higher. i just DL'd an android DB meter app, and will do some testing tomorrow. I've though about steel wol, or a steel mes, never would have thought about scotch brite

I don’t know if this qualifies as a project, But, I am going to volunteer at the local high school as a mentor for the robotics club.

untitled.png

untitled.png

I have several projects.

1) Finish my Shumatech digital readouts for my SB 9" lathe, should be done this week.
2) Finish my Little Angel hit and miss engine.
3) Finish building several rifle kits I have had for a couple of years now.
4) Finish the refurb on the SB 9" x 4' I got from Chad.

While this sounds like a lot, when I get motivated I really get a lot done in short order.
Hope you guys get all your projects finished this year with no scrap parts or problems!!!

I have several projects.

1) Finish my Shumatech digital readouts for my SB 9" lathe, should be done this week.
2) Finish my Little Angel hit and miss engine.
3) Finish building several rifle kits I have had for a couple of years now.
4) Finish the refurb on the SB 9" x 4' I got from Chad.

While this sounds like a lot, when I get motivated I really get a lot done in short order.
Hope you guys get all your projects finished this year with no scrap parts or problems!!!

You sure can turn out the projects, I know how that is, I have things backing up for ten years and then they get done. Enjoy all of the new toys you have built and hopefully the rifles will group for you.

First, finish the radius/ball attachment for the lathe, then make a holder for knurling tool. Then start messing around with the race car. Maybe a turbo? Idk...

To start, a cargo flat bed for my bicycle with side bags. Also oar rings for my boat, the west bend is already old and if i drift on the lake they could be of help. Tools to get the job done, etc.

Back