• Grinding machine

• Blaster or tumbler

• Welder or plasma machine

• CNC

• 3D printer, laser engraver, or other micro CNC

• Wachuko's choice

• Shaper!

Results are only viewable after voting.
X1 Carbon with AMS (Bambu 3D printer) hopefully by or before Christmas.

I would love to convert my full size knee mill to CNC but i dont think it's going to happen.

Hoping to make a CNC a engraver for aluminum and make car emblems. I have to research that more.

Joe
Just ordered one of these for work....

:D hahahahhahaha "Wachuko's choice" LOL!!

I have four left on the list... Not in order of importance:

1. Quiet, high-capacity, air compressor. Or I will use what I have and figure a way to install outside in its own enclosure.

I can't speak highly enough on Quincy compressors. My QT-5 with the extras has been a blessing to my ears. It's 3 years old now. I can stand next to it while running and talk to myself without raising my voice to hear. More importantly, I don't crap my pants when it kicks on, I can't hear it in the house (I could hear my old one from my living room with the TV on) and I will never need to buy another, unless I get into something that requires more than 20 CFM sustained. I cried a little when I paid for it, but I got over it the minute I got it hooked up to power.

No shaper?
Totally missed it, and added it to the editable poll!

I’d like to add a surface grinder and a heat treating oven in the near future. I don’t have any projects for a welder right now, but I imagine I would find things to make with it, but I have been thinking it might be time to look into a CNC mill, so that might come before a welder.

More importantly, I don't crap my pants when it kicks on,
Hah, I was in a friend's shop a month back and his compressor kicked on while I was standing next to it. I jumped about foot in the air.
Those Quincys are niiiiice but spendy in Canada.

Hah, I was in a friend's shop a month back and his compressor kicked on while I was standing next to it. I jumped about foot in the air.
I take that serious! I jump, the adrenaline kicks in, I grab the nearest item that can be used as a weapon, and run for the woodline. An hour later the heart rate drops and I come to my senses. It was easier to just buy a quieter compressor.

I have an old compressor I bought at a garage sale to replace my super loud Craftsman. The one I bought while not quiet, is way more quiet than the direct drive oilless model. I like oiled compressors, they turn slower, are quieter, and do the job without making the entire house an echo chamber.

Yeah, I've done that jump too! There has to be an equivalent lower RPM pump option compressor in Canada. That's sort of the Quincy magic, run the motor slower. I have the 60gal Quincy, but I like it a lot. Way better than the far noisier and smaller Craftsman compressor I had earlier.

I can't speak highly enough on Quincy compressors. My QT-5 with the extras has been a blessing to my ears. It's 3 years old now. I can stand next to it while running and talk to myself without raising my voice to hear. More importantly, I don't crap my pants when it kicks on, I can't hear it in the house (I could hear my old one from my living room with the TV on) and I will never need to buy another, unless I get into something that requires more than 20 CFM sustained. I cried a little when I paid for it, but I got over it the minute I got it hooked up to power.

Totally missed it, and added it to the editable poll!

You mean this one? Quincy QT5. Specs shows it at 85 dB. That does not seem that quiet. But I have not heard one...

I was looking at the EMAX - either this one or this one... with specs at 65 dB.

Last edited:
Back