What Is Your Choice In Air Compressor

Thanks everyone for your input.
My son was an engineer at Rh Sheppard here in Hanover and said all they used throughout whole plant was Quincy. He asked me why I don't go up to the industrial supply wholesaler the factory dealt with and see what they have. So off I went figuring they would have to order the model I want. I got there opened door and walked in a wow right there it was. I told my wife it was like it was glowing and I could hear angles. She said you really need to get some help with that problem. Well anyway they are a distributor for Quincy so I can't go wrong with that. I originally thought about ordering one online but this way if I have any issues the distributor is 10 minutes away. I am planning on picking up the Quincy next week after I finish some orders in shop. My next trick is getting it to basement but we got the lathe down there so this shouldn't be that tough. It weighs in at 450 pounds but is 5' 8" tall.

Once again thanks for everyone's input and have a great day!
Ed

Just an update. Last week finally picked up the Quincy compressor. For a home shop this thing is a beast.
It's much quieter than what I had and runs do smooth. The extra tank size is nice keeping it from running as much.
Today I picked up new blast cabinet and finished building bigger powder coat oven. Oh the fun is about to start.
Again thanks to everyone that gave me input on an air compressor.
Have a great week!
Ed

not that I endorse hf but budget does matter and with a 20% coupon and the right unit in stock I got the 7.5 hp 80 gal tank hf unit then when I had a problem with it I called them for parts. ordered a gasket set. was told it would take 16 weeks. the head gasket had blown out between the hp. and the lp. bores. It was a carbon fiber gasket with a stainless shim insert. So I made my own gasket and reassembled the compressor. 2 days later the gasket kit arrived. so I installed the new gasket and it blew out again. ordered a new gasket and replaced the blown out gasket again. talking to some coworkers we figured out that ther head needed a retorque after some run time. so for 3 weeks I went out with the same torque wrench and retorqued the head until it stopped turning have no further problems for 4 years after this. so to end a long story the compressor is an American brand based on parts I received I don't remember the brand, the motor baldor the controls siemens all else tank, guard, belts, Chinese made, been happy with the performance since. I rebuild quincy compressors at work the plant used 18 0f them the only thing that happens to them in the 25 years of operation is the unloaders rust solid and the relief valve lifts in between the hp and lp. these are run in a salt air environment and are cast iron. just my dollars worth bill

Back