What Is This Lathe Worth!?

I'll place a 400 dollar bid on it and see what it gets me... Its this same attitude that got me my bridgeport for 300bucks! :D

Well the lathe sold for over 700 :/ back to my search I guess :(

I think you would of had trouble doing the id of your part on the lathe anyway. 18" center to center will be about 15" to 16" to face of chuck. The through hole on a 5" chuck runs 1 1/8" to 1 1/2" .Your part is 13" long. Look for 24" between centers.

Sorry I'm new to this I meant 18" from the face of the chuck to the point of the tailstock with it fully retracted, not that it matters anymore :( Personally I've always wanted/thought a 14x40 lathe is like the perfect size lathe, I'll just have to continue on my searches

I dunno if I'm just extremely lucky or if it was just meant to be lol but, I've been talking to a fellow on a local swap/sell website and we have worked out what I think is a good deal.
I'm looking at an older belt driven McKenzie lathe! Its about 6 feet long in total, comes with 3 and 4 jaw Chuck, all the change gears for threading, a few random tool bits and its 220vac single phase! all for 400 bucks! I'm going to pick it up one week from today!
I may need some help setting it up for metric threading. And if anyone has any info on these that would be a great help too!

I'm looking at an older belt driven McKenzie lathe!......all for 400 bucks! I'm going to pick it up one week from today!

Congratulations Izzy!
Be careful with the move and post some shots when you can.
-brino

Alright guys so I'm in a pickle. Just as I was about to contact the seller for the McKenzie lathe and put a deposit on it I was contacted by another seller whom I contacted back in September. So now my options are the McKenzie lathe for 400, its bigger and more capable in my opinion comes with a few odds and ends and has all the change gears the south bend lathe is only 250 but only has what's pictured! I asked about the change gears and got no response. which would you guys chose?FB_IMG_1479171889205.jpg ad_1479172177491.jpg

I'm gonna state the obvious, which is to buy them both and use them until you know which one suits your purposes best and then.....keep them both!!! If you are trying to justify this to a significant other, you swear you'll sell one for more than half of what the two cost and then after a while....keep them both!!! If you are one of those type people that can actually sell a tool, you use them both and fix them both up and decide which one you want and then....keep them both!!!

Back