What Is This Lathe Worth!?

Its an A.R. Williams brand I've never heard of them? The seller never posted up a price so maybe he'd let it go for cheap? Just don't know which lathe to make an offer on now :s

Aaahhhhh gotcha! I'm kind of leaning towards this one that just popped up, which would you say is the better machine?

Aaahhhhh gotcha! I'm kind of leaning towards this one that just popped up, which would you say is the better machine?
I only shop for North American iron so it is a one sided argument.
So far both of the lathes you mention "could" work.
I would look for a different lathe to do the job you mention.
I would buy the SBL for parts/investment.
lk
A little big perhaps......

Monarch Kijiji.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a chance to look at the busy bee lathe and its alot smaller In person than I thought the bidding on that one has peaked off at 375 I think 400 would take it but that's my budget for the machine so I might just have get the south bend lathe instead if its the right price that is :p

Hey Izzy: Here is an interesting offer down your way:

Rockwell  Kijiji.jpg
Yesterday i saw a Myford ML7 go for less than $400.

@LucknowKen Man you guys up in Lucknow have all the good deals! I have a few buddies in the locknox/Goderich area and they always find the most amazing deals! I have my kijiji search set to all of Ontario so I don't know why I haven't seen that one yet! Thanks for the link tho!

I looked it up and with the stand that machine sold for over $2000 at Busy Bee. Gear head lathe 10"x 18" Quick change gearbox.
craftex.jpg
It's a bit small but they come well recommended. If I could get it for less than $800 I would consider myself a lucky fella; especially with tooling.
Good luck.
Jon.

Back