What Is This Lathe Worth!?

Izzy

Registered
Registered
I hope this thread is ok in this forum, as some of you may know Ive been trying to make a part on a mill that would be better suited to a lathe being short on cash I've been exploring ways of doing this on the mill while still searching for a lathe in my price range. Well the gods have shined a light in my direction yet again! I have found another machine shop closing auction. And they have a craftex B2227L lathe the bidding is starting at 50bucks. What would be the max bid you guys would pay for this? It comes with small amount of tooling aswell

I don't know what it's worth, I can't find any online pricing. If you get it make sure you get the change gears with it.

Been doing some homework and finding alot of mixed reviews. Anyone ever use busy bee/craftex products? If I could get it for say 200max would that be worth it?

IIRC, Busy Bee is Canada's answer to Harbor Freight. Take that for what it's worth...

Your thinking of princess auto! Princess auto and harbour freight are the same, I've heard that these guys are more closely related to grizzly? But I've never heard of them either. there's a distributor 10minutes from where I live so it would be easy to get parts and such for it. It is an auction tho so what's the max that you would run up the bid?

Been doing some homework and finding alot of mixed reviews. Anyone ever use busy bee/craftex products? If I could get it for say 200max would that be worth it?
Yes. $200 would be a great price.

I think I've decided that if I can get the lathe with all the tooling and material for the price of what it would cost me to have someone else make me these parts its worth it for me. I can get the parts made for 600 minus 150 for material and 50 for tooling (only need an inside grooving tool) that leaves me with 400 so if I can get it for 400 or less I'll still be ahead I think. I appreciate the Input guys I know it's a China lathe so I didn't wana bid too much! Lol

Back