What do you guys use to get oil in Chinese machinery ball oilers?

2a76e522ffc505c86116f24d1bb61901.jpg

This is what i use ... works like a champ.
Found it at a yard sale for a quarter .. spent fifteen minutes making a new seal an zero leaks

I have the same oil can, and it is my favorite as well. The tip is the perfect size to lube the ball oilers on my lathe, and it doesn't leak (much).

GG

Most of mine came out by prying but 2 were stubborn. I used a tap (don't remember what size) then a machine screw. Pulled the screw and fitting out with a claw hammer.

Thanks guys for the tips! I managed to extract it by prying it out with a screwdriver. I dropped a bolt into the oil hole first to try and prevent any fragments from dropping down the oil hole, then vacuumed it out while pressing on the bolt so it didn't get sucked up as well. Dinged up the paint a little by the hole, but at least it's out.

At least now if I have to remove any others I'll try not to mangle it so badly initially and try to do it per your suggestions (and I won't use the oil bottle Grizzly provided to oil in the future - the tip is too narrow and that's how I trashed the ball oiler to begin with).

Any metal tip oil can should work, I use a EAGLE pistol grip pump oiler and it works great.

I use a type of oiler more often seen used with grease. These are getting harder to find but I know Facom make them still:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Facom-377A-Small-Grease-Pump-/261468760969

The advantage of this type is that it works with the spout pointed down which is convenient. Because it can pump grease which is much thicker, it pumps oil with ease. I have several at each machine. One for way oil and one for leadscrew oil:

chipmaster painted.jpg

chipmaster painted.jpg

I use a type of oiler more often seen used with grease. These are getting harder to find but I know Facom make them still:

The advantage of this type is that it works with the spout pointed down which is convenient. Because it can pump grease which is much thicker, it pumps oil with ease. I have several at each machine. One for way oil and one for leadscrew oil:

View attachment 87045
I use a push type grease gun designed to grease chainsaw bars. the tip is small enough to push the ball down yet designed with an angle that seals the hole well.

Back