What Did You Buy Today?

Junk store (antique mall) finds...

An angle/ radius grinding wheel dresser...

View attachment 485614

Obviously imported, but seems to be in good condition. Now I need to figure out how to use it.

And a Mitutoyo micrometer head...

View attachment 485615

View attachment 485616

I don't know what this was made for, and I don't have any idea what I'll use it for... but for $20, it was too cool to pass up.

-Bear

$125...

-Bear
Thats a sweet price although im more jealous of the big mitutoyo micrometer head would make a sweet lathe stop. Good score man.

That's a pretty good price. Seems like those Chinese imports are around $500.

I looked at the Shars website before I bought it... they have it for $475 plus shipping, so I thought it was pretty decent. It did come in a fitted wood box, also.

The booth in this antique mall had two of them... both imported, but not alike. I'm not really familiar enough with them to see any advantage of one over the other... so I just picked one.

They also had one that was shop made that would only do radius dressing... it was less money.

-Bear

I think this is a case where the original purchaser pays a premium with little or no return on investment when sold on the used market

I bought a Yusa grinder with accessories in its original wooden case a few years ago for $50.00. I’m sure it cost several hundred new, but at that time had little value on the used market.

Just an FYI but prices have gone nuts since the pandemic

Back