What Did You Buy Today?

I like those kreg kits. Some people consider it cheating, but it sure makes cabinets go together quickly.
Mine isn't that fancy, but did get it on ebay for a winning bid of $0.01. Not kidding.... :)
ive got my dads kreg jig i think it was an original production run, its all aluminum with a hardened steel insert for the drill bit to ride in with a toggle clamp bolted on sais kreg but no version number on it.. its cool and put food on our table growing up. but i just had my shoulder rebuilt and pulling a handle sounds so much better than running a drill right now lol

Rick, you can flip the plate over on the Cardinal and it'll look a lot better.
I have 4 and 6 inchers and think they're the best.
And that’s what I did—thanks for the tip. Taking it apart gave me the excuse to file and stone off all the nicks and burrs.

IMG_1473.jpeg

Rick “deserves a better drill press than pictured” Denney

Junk store (antique mall) finds...

An angle/ radius grinding wheel dresser...

20240405_201747.jpg

Obviously imported, but seems to be in good condition. Now I need to figure out how to use it.

And a Mitutoyo micrometer head...

20240405_201915.jpg

20240405_201931.jpg

I don't know what this was made for, and I don't have any idea what I'll use it for... but for $20, it was too cool to pass up.

-Bear

View attachment 485614

Obviously imported, but seems to be in good condition. Now I need to figure out how to use it.

View attachment 485615

View attachment 485616

I don't know what this was made for, and I don't have any idea what I'll use it for... but for $20, it was too cool to pass up.

-Bear
I have B&S and Nippon Kugaku 0 - 1” ones that I picked up for the same reason; eventually I want to use one to build a dial indicator tester.

View attachment 485614

View attachment 485615

View attachment 485616

-Bear
It could be made for a watchmaker’s bench micrometer. The large-diameter barrel is typical of the breed. Mine is branded “Tavannes,” which is one of many small watchmaking towns (and a historically important movement manufacturer located there) in the upper Jura mountains of Switzerland. It was probably made by Etalon.

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

It had a calibration sticker dated in 1964.

Rick “fine blade anvils for measuring pivots” Denney

Well had to sell my old trusty rf 31 mill to make room for it but for 2400 bucks and the anilam 3000m powers up and the drives all work I couldnt not buy it. Has ball screws and power drawbar and it honestly looks like it didnt see much use.1000002173.jpg

Well had to sell my old trusty rf 31 mill to make room for it but for 2400 bucks and the anilam 3000m powers up and the drives all work I couldnt not buy it. Has ball screws and power drawbar and it honestly looks like it didnt see much use.View attachment 485654
That’s just a little upgrade from a Rong Fu.

John

Yeah you aint kidding. Just ben about 15 years since Ive programmed in anilam. Granted there is a big 10x54 victor right next to it so did I need another 10x50.....of course I did this one is cnc. Just needed the real estate as the shop is getting full. The old Rf does have some sentimental value since it was the first machine I bought 20 years ago and it has made alot of parts in that time. Its going to my brother and will be a good addition to his shop.

Nice mill. At work, we had a couple of Sharp mills with Anilam CNC setups. The conversational programming is very user friendly.

Back