UPS SUCKS

It's been fun keeping track of the Amazon drivers that have been stuck driving off the pavement to turn around. It is three in two months. Must be hard to find good help.
I’m thankful my driveway has a few 100+ lb limestone rocks strategically placed to keep the Amazon drivers from the lawn.

Last edited:
Our UPS guys are great. They even know our dogs by name and bring them treats. FedEx is a different story. Seemingly no consistency in drivers.

The automated answering bugs me too.

One trick that sometimes works is to hit the 0 button. This will transfer to an operator where you have half a chance of getting through. Another trick that gets past automated answering services is to call sales rather than customer service. They seem to be more responsive when there's a chance of making money. For UPS or FedEx, try dialing business rather than residential divisions. Oftentimes the person answering will put you through to the "correct" department.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Here in Maine, I too have excellent drivers for both UPS and FedEx. I guess I’m lucky given what you describe.

Hopefully the vendor can reship quickly and have you back in business.

At different times I've had trouble with all 3. It's all about the driver and how they work. Never have gotten anything resolved going up the ladder with any of them.

Had 2xs with the USPS that said they were unable to deliver and sent the package back after one try(online tracking). Both times I went in the same day and they weren't able to recover the package. The one time I saw the driver outside of my place as I was working in the yard.

Apparently the packages go to a place in Vegas for my area not returned to the shipper!!!???!!?. Neither seller according to them got them back. Yes, I did get my money back. Both packages were older parts vehicle specific that I looked for along time to find and jumped when they finally came up.

Yesterday ups threw the box with electronics up on the deck. I leave my gates open enough that I can drive my pickup and 16' trailer through. All the other delivery drivers have no problem with how I leave the gates and drive in. I don't mind him being concerned and opening the gate and leaving it, I just don't get why he opened into the road and left it partially blocking the road instead of pushing it into my property???

Well, they did it again. They always seem to manage to F up your day.
UPS has on multiple occasions returned packages with :
On another occasion they said the address does not exist. WTF is wrong with these idiots.
We didn't refuse the delivery. They didn't deliver. Freaking lame excuse for a driver.
View attachment 398980
I have worked for UPS for 27 years. The above tracking disposition can happen when the package is clearly damaged. Ideally, the driver would make a note “DMG”, “DAMAGE”, etc.

UPS charges quite a bit for shipping. The customers deserve excellent service for every package.

Corporate does expect us to be perfect all the time, which I agree with. I still make mistakes after working there for so long. The newer drivers make many more mistakes, but they improve as they gain more experience.

This is by no means an excuse for imperfect service, but most UPS daily dispatches are clearly overloaded. I rarely work less than 11 hours, & 12 hours is average. The younger drivers will sometimes rush through their day (a terrible idea) in order to get home at a reasonable time.

I gave up trying to get home at a reasonable time a very long time ago. If they are going to give me so much work, it is going to cost them a lot of money. The drivers that cut corners are encouraging the dispatchers to heap on even more work.

Last edited:
Just another satisfied customer here. But I'm sorry about your luck. Take heart knowing that your particular delivery person isn't the standard, but an anomaly. That fact doesn't get you your packages though, so.

All delivery services can have issues that are largely dependent on the driver that is assigned to your route. In 2019 I moved 7 miles away from a postal district that I had been in for 27 years to a new postal district. The carriers and postmaster at the old district routinely went above and beyond what would be required. The new postal district is just mediocre. With the USPS Informed Delivery, I am notified of when the packages are to arrive and it seems that all too frequently they show up the day after they were to be delivered. Seems like it is a case of the delivery driver getting back to the post office, looking in the back of her Jeep, and saying "oops, I guess there was more stuff back here."

Fedex has been good, but there is no consistency with drivers, although that thankfully has not affected my deliveries. That being said, FedEx picks up all of the shipments at our production plant. That guy is a FedEx contractor and we regard his handling of our product as the "first test of our packaging robustness!"

UPS has been good, but I will have to say that the packages I get from them are filthy. It seems like that aspect has become worse the last few years, with it becoming so bad that I consider gloves a necessity to handle their packages.

I have been switching to UPS as of late for shipping.
They were $4 cheaper just yesterday on a pkg to CA from Iowa.

I have been switching to UPS as of late for shipping.
They were $4 cheaper just yesterday on a pkg to CA from Iowa.
Interesting. I have always found FedEx home delivery to be much cheaper than UPS. I never ship anything UPS anymore unless I have to for some reason.

Back