Upper Midwest Hobby Machinists social gathering?

Bill and John V---maybe you should put messages in the group discussion area where more people have responded and maybe watching---Dave---looking forward to a get-together

I'm open all weekends in January and February, except Jan. 19-20.

Ok, I'm calling the date,

Saturday, FEBRUARY 9, we can set exact times and restaurant location a bit later. As stated, my humble home shop is heated etc. but not tropical! Just meeting a few of you will be great. If someone with a bit more knowledge has some ideas of a topic, project or example once we get back to my shop that would great.

Set the date aside and tell any Minnesota members you are in contact with. Looking forward to meeting a few of you soon.

John V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good! It's on my calendar.

On my calendar too.

Bill Burton

Sadly, I will be stuck in sunny FL and fishing in the ocean at that time. :)

Plan another one after this.

Karl, I'm quite sure that was a passive aggressive statement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note about Feb 9, gathering

Hi Everyone,
just a few days away from our meeting. I am looking forward to our small gathering and hoping it starts a larger movement of local folks in the future.

It looks like as of now we have 7 people who will attend including one of my friends who is not part of the forum yet.

We have: Dean Z, Dave, Bill, JPac, Twstoer, my friend Rick and me. If anyone else is interested please let me know but all are welcome.

For Travel Time I am suggesting a 9:00 am breakfast initial meeting at a local small restaurant in Rosemount. I will list the name and address below. Its nothing fancy but food is OK and I don't think it will be as loud as going to a Perkins etc. Then after breakfast we can head over to my home, just a few blocks away, for any discussion etc.

Im hoping some of you have a topic or two to discuss or it would be a very short meeting since the sum of my knowledge would take about 5 minutes to expound upon and that's if I stretch it a bit. Dean Z is working on a Drill Bit Sharpening Project and may have a few words to say on that subject.

Feb 9, 2019
9 am Breakfast
Suzie's Kitchen
15023 Crestone Ave (just off of county Road 42 by the Cub Foods Area)
Rosemount Mn 55068

I normally use Tapatalk to access the forum but I am having trouble with that app lately. If you have questions please text me or call and leave a message. I often cannot have my phone on at work. 612-581-8301.

Finally, we have a few folding chairs but if some of you would bring a folding chair or two that would be helpful.

I look forward to meeting you.

John V Minnesota

Looking forward to it. I have a project "show and tell" I will bring along.
I will also bring along some new turning and grooving tools that I have acquired - for others to inspect.
I can also bring a couple of "umbrella" camp chairs. Not real comfortable, but beats sitting on the floor.
Based on previous gatherings, once the talking starts, you eventually have to throw everyone out when you want it to end.
Terry S

Back