UNIVERSAL DIVIDING HEAD BS-2 PARTS

@Suzuki4evr
Michael,
I reamed the ID of the gears to exactly one inch on Monday... and got a good finish.
Last night I cut the 1/4" wide x 1/8" deep key-ways in all the gears.
This morning I finally got them in the mail to you!

Unfortunately, I did NOT get any photos..... but it really did happen!
Hopefully soon you will see for yourself.

You requested a shipping time estimate, but they would not give one without upgrading to shipping method with tracking, and the cheapest of those was almost CAD $200! So nope no time estimate.

Brian
It's been six weeks since you posted them to me.......still waiting for the postman.

Your emojis shows my feelings exactly. I don't understand why it must take so long. I realy hope it didn't fall of tge boat:oops:

:laughing:

I must just do the waiting game a bit more.

Nooo!
It would be crushing if they got lost in shipment!?! :cry:

Hi @brino

So after 7 very long weeks,the family finaly arrived. It looks like I did the math right,because they mesh with their South African relatives :big grin: .
20230517_132358.jpg
I would have liked it if the printed gears meshed a bit deeper with eachother, but I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. Did you also notice that when you had them? Don't think it will be a problem though.

O I went with hardening the bushing and pins that I made. I sent them for heat treatment along with these pins I made for a customer.
20230517_135849.jpg

I just heat blued the gear mounts and washers with a torch and oil.
20230517_135635.jpg

Brian once again thank you very much for printing these for me,I realy appreciate it. I will mount everything on the mill as soon as I get a chance and take pics. My gear cutter for making the gear this is all for,also arrived today ebay,so that project will also be posted as soon as I get to it.

Thanks @brino and @Mill Lee farm for your help.

Michael

Excellent!
I'm glad the gears didn't get lost!
Everything looks very good!
Looking forward to the 'in operation' pictures and VIDEOS! lol

Michael,

That is (finally) great news!

I would have liked it if the printed gears meshed a bit deeper with eachother, but I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. Did you also notice that when you had them? Don't think it will be a problem though.
No I did NOT notice that... but maybe I was not inspecting them as closely as you have...

You project is coming together beautifully.

I am looking forward to your gear-cutting success!

Brian

Hi Brian. You can see in the pictures below what I meant by the mesh not being very deep. But as I said before,I am not going to worry about that now. I don't think it will be a problem at the low turning speed it wil be going. Please don't take it wrong,I am not complaining at all,I am just mentioning the next point for your information. I also noticed that the gears does not seat flat or perpendicular(don't know if this is the right word) ontop of eachother when meshing. It's like they are not maligned perfectly. I am saying this because I don't know if there is a setting or something that you can adjust for say future projects? I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
20230519_133948.jpg20230519_133554.jpg

Well I can't wait to try it out and post the results.

Thanks again.
Michael

Back