UNIVERSAL DIVIDING HEAD BS-2 PARTS

Michael,

Sorry for the delays on my end.... between work and all the other stuff (local scout groups using my shop for cub cars and scout trucks, getting over 20L of maple sap every day and trying to keep the boilers going, etc.) I am not where I wanted to be...... but I will get there!

Below are the photos I promised.
I still need to look at my broach stash and respond to your other questions in the PM.
I will try to have these mailed out in the next couple days.

Brian

View attachment 442306

View attachment 442307

View attachment 442308
Don't feel bad,we all have stuff keeping us bussy so I understand completely.
:cheerful::cheer:
Great stuff. I see one of them are feeling a bit blue.....shame.

Can't wait to have them in hand. I am also starting with the gear mounts today. I will post pics when all is done.

I still need to look at my broach
If you don't have anything close,then leave it to me. I have a 5mm and 6mm broach so I xan use one of them. I can either go with the 5mm and scrape it to 13/64" (5.15mm) or just go with the 6mm ,which is what I leaning towards. So don't let it ruin your day.

I did not forget you sir!
I just have horrible time management! LOL

Looks like the full width is pretty darn close to 3.25”
Not sure about center to center but a rough eyeball guessed about 2.650”???

CB43AFD3-9AD6-4CD9-AB68-A35ACCAB330A.jpegB5CA5EC0-2F37-499F-9A42-E1DF213663C3.jpegA466BBDB-1EE1-4AF6-AC48-DE907E70B61A.jpeg

More than happy to help! Many have helped me with this kind of thing and it’s great to be able to give back!

Do you have access to 1/4” stock? For this smaller job, maybe you can make your own broach? Especially for plastic?

I have a 1/4” broach…. But it doesn’t do any good here in Pennsylvania :p

More than happy to help! Many have helped me with this kind of thing and it’s great to be able to give back!

Do you have access to 1/4” stock? For this smaller job, maybe you can make your own broach? Especially for plastic?

I have a 1/4” broach…. But it doesn’t do any good here in Pennsylvania :p
Yes I can get 1/4" stock. Although the keway in the original gears is 1/4" the key in the drive measures 13/64" sooo a 6mm keyway will work just fine. Still don't know why the manufacturer made the keyway in the gears bigger than the keys. Is yours the same in that respect?

Keys should match the slots. So 0.250". Not 6mm. You want a snug fit, not rattling around.
Narrow keys contribute to wallowing out the slots. The key should immobilize the gear from rotation on the shaft.

Back