1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Two Phase???!?

Discussion in 'ELECTRICAL ISSUES - POWER YOUR MACHINES & SHOP' started by RandyWilson, Apr 30, 2017.

1. RandyWilson

RandyWilson United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Chesapeake
    State:
    Virginia

-Return to Top-

Ah, so if I understand, L1 would connect to T1 and T3, L2 would connect to T2 directly and T4 through the capacitor.

Yep. purely learning. No need to stop just a few credits shy of the masters. :)

2. RandyWilson

City:
    Chesapeake
    State:
    Virginia

-Return to Top-

Just to close this out. Two phase did exist during this era. Indeed it still exists today. So that is one more thing to watch when buying these old 'merican iron machines. I learned a lot about the history of the industrialization of the NE. This machine is installed and made chips last night. Contrary to the markings, It was indeed rewired to three phase. It runs nice and quiet and cool. Wish I could say the same for the RPC, but that's a different thread.

Thanks all!

strantor and 4gsr like this.
  3. Superburban

Superburban United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Grand Junction
    State:
    Colorado

-Return to Top-

Do the next owner a favor, and mark the motor.

4gsr likes this.
  4. RandyWilson

City:
    Chesapeake
    State:
    Virginia

-Return to Top-

What, and deny future generations the same learning experiences I have been blessed with?

4gsr likes this.