Toast .

I swear some people think that if they don't demand a college degree, it devalues their own degree. Over twenty years ago the WSJ had an article saying that companies need to learn to hire based on real experience and knowledge instead of degrees. All that time later it's still not happening. I was a highly paid Database Admin. by working my way up to the job without a degree, but that didn't amount to a hill of beans when the company was sold and I had to look for another job. Idiots in HR are mostly to blame IMHO. Too busy trying to justify their jobs. Ok, rant over. LOL

I wonder if Dave (I think) actually did pack up the pick up. Haven't heard from him in this thread since he started it.
My job used to take a college degree. But they couldn't get any help. After a year or so they hired for "experience", which also backfired. Currently they're trying to build from within, which seems to work best. But now we're on a hiring freeze on account of the HR dept being liquidated .

I think I'm done after last night . 13 hrs , no break . Walk pushing roll arounds at least 10 miles . No tools for the job . Keep the plant running , no help , all temp employees that couldn't give a rats ash if it ran , swing a 30 pound maul all night for another dayshift FU , No thanks . We'll be losing 90 years experience on the floor in the next two weeks including myself . The secretaries have more room on their desks than our entire maintenance departmant . I guess you know when its time to pack up the pick up . :sorry:
I must be confused, I thought you retired.

If you are unhappy with your job, move on! People feel locked into a job because they have moved up the pay ladder. Yes, you may not be able to match the pay starting someplace new. But is it worth selling your enjoyment of life? The older you get the shorter your life becomes. Become what you'd really like to try. Backpack across Europe, the Appalachian trail (read "A walk in the Woods".) Sell that gas-guzzler & over taxed over sized house. Buy an old storefront in a little town where you can swap lies at the pub, walk the streets alone at night. The internet is allowing you more freedom, buy/sell shoot the poop. If you have a dollar left when you die, that's enough.

I apologize for this rant and language has been cleaned up . Very frustrating time working at this company at this moment . Walking into a total disaster just about everyday at this point , the place is a mess , turnover rate is out of control . Bring people in as temps , throw them on a line , no training what-so-ever , and we the techs get to work 3 times as hard .

Jeff , no I'm not retired as of yet . I have a meeting most likely next week with my financial advisor . He's away until tomorrow on vacation . I know my numbers already and I could and most likely will walk . I can make x amount of $$$ without penalty and can get under the table work with the tractor and equipment . They know I'm not happy with the current situation at work . I'll be back in tonight after another week off and I will be letting them know my plans . I need a change in shifts or else I'm out the door along with Frank . 3 1/2 years of 13-14 hr weekend nights is more than enough . I've done my time for the company . I apologize again , this has nothing to do with this trade , just a bad situation .

Dave,

No need to apologize; we have all felt like that at one time or another.
I am lucky as it has only been for a limited amount of time.

Also, I don't recall any bad language....at least I saw nothing offensive.

Besides "venting prevents ex-plo-sion!"

-brino

Glad your back, and have a plan :encourage:

It's pretty much the position everywhere. Someone else coined the phrase on the site, it goes something like this: They're trying to do more with less. Thank goodness my parents didn't name me Les.

Bruce

Back