Toast .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I think I'm done after last night . 13 hrs , no break . Walk pushing roll arounds at least 10 miles . No tools for the job . Keep the plant running , no help , all temp employees that couldn't give a rats butt if it ran , swing a 30 pound maul all night for another dayshift mess up , No thanks . We'll be losing 90 years experience on the floor in the next two weeks including myself . The secretaries have more room on their desks than our entire maintenance department . I guess you know when its time to pack up the pick up . :sorry:

What markba633csi said! It's inexcusable, nay - criminal, to go out feeling the way you do after what you've done for the company. They'll probably realize the error of their ways, but far too late. I'm sorry to hear it and wish you all the best in your new ventures.

Happened to my last job. I was in an engineering machine shop and that plant didnt even try to keep a machine shop there when engineering went south. I got a message about a job in the “new” machine shop last christmas. No thanks bud no job security their. And our so called union didnt help much.

I used to work at a place like that. Now i just clock in. It's been very freeing. And it didn't affect my paycheck at all!
In all seriousness though, sorry for your frustration.

"Just leave it, Dave will take care of it tonight"
Rode hard put away wet, time for another solution.

^ ^
This!
Been in that position way too many time.

Holy crap Dave!
They do NOT deserve you!
They deserve to fail.

The worst part is that they will blame it on "market forces" or "worker turnover".....and not the green-horn business-school a$$holes that caused it.

All the best to you!
Go light a fire and have a beer!

-brino

Last edited:
I know this was 10 years ago but looks like nothing has changed.
I was at the top of the wage tree along with a couple of others and they couldnt wait to get rid of us and replace us with short term contracts.
They dumped 20 top paid teachers at the same time with the excuse that we were surplus to requirements as so much was going on line.
Personally I almost dislocated my shoulder slinging my arm up to volunteer for early retirement.
It only took 10 days before they came begging me to come back as a part timer.
I just told them to stuff it where the sun doesnt shine.
I have never had a moment of regret and have loved every second of retirement.

Back