Titan/Titanic tragedy

You mean "Neutron Jack"? Nicknamed because he'd tour a functioning plant, the next day all that was left was a building.
Same guy. The name changes on where in the world you were when he came around with his cutting tools. He took a fairly successful company, sold off the assets to foreign countries and companies and caused a lot of misery.
Pierre

I came across this video this evening that raises some very good points. I noticed at about the 14 minute mark it appears the monitors are screwed into the pressure vessel, I really hope that is an internal tube and they didn’t actually screw those into the pressure vessel.

I’ve done a bunch of reliability centered maintenance studies that would find as many failure modes as possible in the production pants we operated, I hope this company did something similar before putting lives at risk, but with the decisions they made, I’m afraid that was a foreign concept to them. But then again, I am a 50+ white male, so expertise from people like me was not needed or wanted…

It has been quite limited here (one or two mentions of 50 year old white guys being ignored), but in internet world there are a lot of people trying to make this all about diversity and wokeness.

Kind of a silly argument since it completely overlooks the fact the CEO / lead designer was a 61 year old white guy and seemingly exhibit A of how not to build and test (or not) a high risk vehicle.

It has been quite limited here (one or two mentions of 50 year old white guys being ignored), but in internet world there are a lot of people trying to make this all about diversity and wokeness.

Kind of a silly argument since it completely overlooks the fact the CEO / lead designer was a 61 year old white guy and seemingly exhibit A of how not to build and test (or not) a high risk vehicle.
If that is the case, thats nothing more than a craven attempt to leverage a tragedy to their purposes.

Disgusting.

I don't know. Think the reason there's mention of 50 YRO designers, is ONLY because the now deceased CEO made a statement about it. He wanted NEW ideas, rather than experienced designers for his team. So he hired (relatively) inexperienced people "to stretch boundaries" and generate new ideas. So he deliberately ignored what experienced designers were telling him. And he and his customers paid the price for using inexperienced designers... An utterly avoidable tragedy.

Back