Things are expensive

Put another $125 in the diesel truck just now . If I left the truck running while pumping , I don't think the tank would ever fill ! :eek: I'm spending money like it's going out of style , which it just may be . :dunno: I don't let things I can't control bother me , life is short and you enjoy it when you can .

I filled mine for $75 the other day :grin: But I started at 3/4 full :faint: $6.02/gal.

I've been filling at 3/4 tank just to kind of keep ahead of the price increases. Not sure if I'm ahead of the game or not. The good news is that I don't have to drive much, and I can do this every 2 or 3 weeks.

I may be pulling the gooseneck horse trailer out to the Boston area with the duallie. That's going to be a lot of diesel fuel ($$).

It is shocking that precious metals have stayed suprisingly flat in value.
You can't eat precious metals. Can't burn them in the gas tank. I suppose you could load your revolver with them, but... yeah, I've always wondered why people look to gold during times of societal failure. Must be the holes in my brain from the flux fumes, because I don't understand why people would leverage a commodity that has little immediate usefulness in a post-collapse society. Would it not be more fruitful to invest in gunpowder?

You can't eat precious metals. Can't burn them in the gas tank. I suppose you could load your revolver with them, but... yeah, I've always wondered why people look to gold during times of societal failure. Must be the holes in my brain from the flux fumes, because I don't understand why people would leverage a commodity that has little immediate usefulness in a post-collapse society. Would it not be more fruitful to invest in gunpowder?
It is simple, somebody, somewhere will value silver, gold, platinum. Even though you can't eat it, 1 oz of sillver will buy you several cheeseburgers. Generally, it does not devalue like fiat currency. Both silver and gold are used in the integrated circuit industry, and has a price floor due to that. I would bet that even in true economic collapse (where all cash bills have a value of zero), you will still be able to get stuff with precious metals.

you're lucky you got a raise, I haven't had one for 5 years thanks to the state of Texas. But my Dean did tell me I was appreciated and valued, though clearly not enough to pay me any more.
I had to make it happen. I got a job offer from those nice SOCOM guys to re-locate to Tampa for a very large wage (due to cost of living differential in Tampa). My employer realized I was the only one who could do certain things for them, and gave me over a 20 percent raise to stay.

CNC farming- just sit back and let the machines do the work, while you sit on the porch with a mai-tai

Lol you may have been kidding but….

And I am or rather was a cranberry grower here in Massachusetts. A cartel under the name of Ocean Spray, who pass themselves off as a group of farms promoting the cranberry fruit, when in fact they are a large corporation controlling the whole cranberry crop and who can supply or grow it. They control who gets paid and how much. To fight back we spent a number of years dumping our fruit rather than them giving us nothing! It's an industry where you grow a crop on the promise of a certain price... and then sign a contract for that price. But after you deliver the crop, it may take them 9 to 12 months to pay off.... oh,and that contracted price,you remember that promise.... forget it. They could'a promised you 50 bucks a barrel in the contract.. but then explain - there were "unforeseen costs"... so they pay you 18 or 19 dollars a barrel.. Guess what, no one can live at that number for very long, so in protest - we dumped it. The processer we used was chased out - they went all the way to Canada to escape. Welcome to america!
What a racket.

Put another $125 in the diesel truck just now . If I left the truck running while pumping , I don't think the tank would ever fill ! :eek: I'm spending money like it's going out of style , which it just may be . :dunno: I don't let things I can't control bother me , life is short and you enjoy it when you can .
Yeah, these are crazy times.
Remember 1979?
Whew, that was inflation! Kind of like today actually.
I was selling Ford trucks.
AAA credit would get you 14.5% on a new car loan.
You could buy municipal bonds for a 8% guaranteed return.
Wouldn’t that be nice! Your cash would remain neutral.

Back