Things are expensive

Yes.
We are staying at a Hip Camp, for two nights.
It’s windy and about 60 degrees.
Back home it’s 104.

Then on to the Astoria area for some history. Fort Clatsop I believe they called it.
Lewis and Clarke museums
Worth every penny:)

News is not what it once was, the AP included.
The AP is owned by its contributing newspapers and radio and television stations in the United States, all of which contribute stories to the AP and use material written by its staff journalists. Most of the AP staff are union members and are represented by the Newspaper Guild, which operates under the Communications Workers of America, which operates under the AFL–CIO.”

"For decades the media has fallen under the ownership of a few corporations who through their editorial control have created a socially engineered construct which represents a fabricated version of reality. In order to maintain this artificial illusion the media exercises a program of censorship of all news and events of importance and replaces the truth with lies, distortion, distraction and omission. The media thereby create a false version of reality in order to keep the public compliant and controlled."

I tend to go with my grandfathers advice. "Don't believe anything you read, or hear, and only half of what you see."
Reminds me of a saying from Twain, maybe, "If you don't read the newspaper you're uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you're misinformed."

I bought an electric bike about a year ago. Its 22 miles round trip to my shop. Bike will go 40+ miles on a charge if I am pedaling to help. Good exercise! Gone 1800+ miles so far.

Myrtle Beach / Surfside Beach SC is always the cheapest gas I've ever seen . Usually at least a buck a gallon cheaper than in Md . Must be something about the southern states .

Yes.
We are staying at a Hip Camp, for two nights.
It’s windy and about 60 degrees.
Back home it’s 104.

Then on to the Astoria area for some history. Fort Clatsop I believe they called it.
Lewis and Clarke museums

Enjoy your trip, I went to Astoria in the 80s seemed like a neat town. Maybe I'll go back sometime.

We took my younger son to the beach at Big River State Park near Mendocino last week, he had a blast playing in the waves and building sand castles.

Big River 1.jpg
Big River 2.jpg

beach.jpg

News is not what it once was, the AP included.
The AP is owned by its contributing newspapers and radio and television stations in the United States, all of which contribute stories to the AP and use material written by its staff journalists. Most of the AP staff are union members and are represented by the Newspaper Guild, which operates under the Communications Workers of America, which operates under the AFL–CIO.”

"For decades the media has fallen under the ownership of a few corporations who through their editorial control have created a socially engineered construct which represents a fabricated version of reality. In order to maintain this artificial illusion the media exercises a program of censorship of all news and events of importance and replaces the truth with lies, distortion, distraction and omission. The media thereby create a false version of reality in order to keep the public compliant and controlled."

I tend to go with my grandfathers advice. "Don't believe anything you read, or hear, and only half of what you see."
I guess I got a big dose of the news ain’t what it’s cracked up to be early in life. My mom was the first female reporter in the little hometown newspaper The Sunstar. As with her and all her siblings she had to it better than anybody and lived, breathed and ate her job. She had the city council and police/highway patrol beats. It was a constant battle over what the story was she turned in and what was edited out. Being a teenager with a different focus I just mostly remember her frustration. Especially with the dirt that was going on in city politics. It was so bad she was paranoid.

I got a direct dose when I was desperate for a summer job and took the assistant proofreader job. I read the craziest stuff that went right into the round file. The only one that sticks was I think from ’68 about several soldiers dying, basically freezing, during an experiment by the Army to see how they would do with summer equipment in someplace like Alaska. There were a bunch of other stories like that and just saw the round file.

So that soured me on politics. But along about ‘06 I started to listen to a guy name prof. Michael Hudson on the radio talk about economic history and to me it was like reading an engine manual. It took something that had never made sense, economics, and showed how it worked through history. He was saying everything was lining up to crash HARD and as I was talking to others who were into real estate and stock markets they said it was the usual “the end is nigh” crap and completely dismissed it. But when the whole thing crumpled like an empty beer can just like Hudson said I was convinced there were others who knew too. So I read the Big Short, Flash Boys, both by Michael Lewis. And then Homewreckers and the last was probably the most astounding Tower of Basel by Adam LeBor. The BIS, Bank of Internal Settlements. Created to deal with Germany’s reparations after WW1. Incredible story and a huge cast of characters like the Dulles Bro’s. It sounds like a total tin hat fever dream but the biggest bank nobody has ever heard of. Right out in plain site but completely behind the curtain for a century.

if you want liquidity you are limited.
How much liquidity do you need? I now have rental income. But at several points along the way I had debt payments that took every bit of rental income. Risky game. But now the ones I kept are paid off and generate a nice income. Putting up with renters takes a considerable amount of tolerance. I don't have any pension income since I've always been self employed. I do get social security but that would be a pretty skinny way to live. People should plan their retirement long before it happens.

And make stuff ! My machines aren't even hooked up yet and work is telling me they have more work than I could handle . Everywhere is all cnc these days . Not good for one off jobs when taking in programming time then running a single part . We on here will be ok , they'll be plenty of work to go around if wanted .
Ill take any small jobs over here!!:coffee break:

Back