The Pm 1228 Vf-lb Arrives Today

Ok last video for the day, had a good weekend got a lot done, and I hope my videos help people get the information they need on this machine, I will continue working with this lathe and posting more videos

Koba,

You and I are on the same schedule as I received my lathe last week as well. I watched your videos and I would agree verbatim, especially on moving and lifting. We had the same crapping engine hoist and the same challenges.

Nice mod on the stand. Mine is leveled with some wooden shims for now, but I need a better solution. I am thinking some self leveling floor compound might do the trick.

Thanks for taking the time to make these. They are a great resource.

was working with the lathe a little more starting yesterday, I was putting on the quick change tool post holder and the compound rest started to bind up, I took it all apart cleaned it greased it after I ground the edges of the T nuts
turning 029.JPG
turning 030.JPG
turning 031.JPG
turning 032.JPG

After I got the compound rest back on it works real good now I tried turning something, I have noticed there are alignment problems, I will be working on that next, I should also have some videos up today
turning 034.JPG
turning 035.JPG

I made a mistake when i first set up the machine, I thought i set it in low gear but it was in high gear so i made a video to clarify this

I finally after hours of working on the problem of leveling and aligning the lathe I found out that level plays a small part in getting the lathe to cut with out a taper. I had the lathe cutting .0045 taper over 5in I got that down to .0001 over that distance If you watch the video I try to show you how I did it.

Hi Koba... .0045 taper over 5" seems a lot and needing to contort your lathe to get it to cut without a taper also seems strange. I measured mine last week and I did not have any noticeable taper but I will measure it again to confirm later in the week. My lathe is only rough leveled as I did not have a precision level. For the tail stock, I used an Edge tailstock alignment tool and also needed to adjust it quite a bit. I do not believe the alignment markers are accurate.

Back